whats been up ladies

• How has everyone been doing lately?

for those who didnt know my wife was preggers, well, she is not anymore. my son is just over 3 weeks old.

for those who dont know i am an attorney working for myself. Well, i sold off half of my practice, for not nearly enough money, and will be working from home while watching my baby.

for those who dont know, my computer shit the bed real bad and died and i could not afford to replace parts for it. Well, after selling off part of my practice, and paying bills, etc, i had enough to buy some new toys, including buying new parts for my pc.

I have to buy a new cpu/mb/ram/powersupply. so, that is what i will be doing, and then between changing diapers and working, and cleaning, and feeding, i hope to play some video games.

What games are you girls still playing? Also, are these Solid State Drives worth anything, might pick one up if they are.

hope to see you guys in game in a 3-4 weeks or so.

• Quote from "icomrade";p="11866"

SSDs are a good performance increase, but I still stand by my last statement, they are still too expensive compared to HDDs.

What about using intel smart response, I read some good things about it.

A nice z68 board, i5k CPU would make a great base for a system and maybe use intel smart thing with a cheap 64gb or less ssd.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by ArboristUK (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Quote from "ArboristUK";p="11872"

What about using intel smart response, I read some good things about it.

A nice z68 board, i5k CPU would make a great base for a system and maybe use intel smart thing with a cheap 64gb or less ssd.

Yeah I know about that, that's a good investment. but buying an ssd instead of an hdd is a bad choice. a 240GB ssd costs about $200 while a 1TB hdd costs about half as much (if you shop around).

• I think we can agree that for a gamer, the bottom line is that you should consider a ssd only after you've got the very best video cards and you still want to spend more. Otherwise you're wasting money that could be spent on more important graphics performance, as solid state drives offer zero additional frame rate improvement.

So once you have GTX 680's in sli, then spend whatever is left in your budget on a ssd and you will be happy with a snappy windows 7 boot time.

• Quote from "NecessaryEvil";p="11877"

I think we can agree that for a gamer, the bottom line is that you should consider a ssd only after you've got the very best video cards and you still want to spend more. Otherwise you're wasting money that could be spent on more important graphics performance, as solid state drives offer zero additional frame rate improvement.

So once you have GTX 680's in sli, then spend whatever is left in your budget on a ssd and you will be happy with a snappy windows 7 boot time.

:oops: you make me feel embaressed by my decadence.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by ArboristUK (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• oh boy. still deciding what to order but hope to be up and running around may. really just deciding on how much money i want to allocate to a new pc. do i want to spend 500-700 and just get up and running, do i want to spend 1200-1500 and have a much better pc, or do i want to spend 2000 and get all top of the line. my mind says 500, but my heart says spend it all.

I still have some firearms, a canoe, and a mountain bike that i want to buy as well. so we shall see.

• Quote from "Bigvisk";p="11888"

oh boy. still deciding what to order but hope to be up and running around may. really just deciding on how much money i want to allocate to a new pc. do i want to spend 500-700 and just get up and running, do i want to spend 1200-1500 and have a much better pc, or do i want to spend 2000 and get all top of the line. my mind says 500, but my heart says spend it all.

I still have some firearms, a canoe, and a mountain bike that i want to buy as well. so we shall see.

the last three can be found on craigs list. happy pc buying.

• Quote from "Bigvisk";p="11888"

oh boy. still deciding what to order but hope to be up and running around may. really just deciding on how much money i want to allocate to a new pc. do i want to spend 500-700 and just get up and running, do i want to spend 1200-1500 and have a much better pc, or do i want to spend 2000 and get all top of the line. my mind says 500, but my heart says spend it all.

if you're not sure, then i'd go with the best bang for your buck...so 2500k and gtx 560ti

• YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

congrats Visky!!!!

haven't been playing BF3 like the others but been busy working for bisimulations, making Brit Mili models :)
    http://armory.bisimulations.com/press-releases…g-new-uk-office
    back in the UK now after 2 years in Auz...errr..alot of Skyrim, Wargame EE, and waiting for Arma 3..or GTA6 :)

a big hello to the rest of the gang :) I hope everyone's doing well :)

PS i dont really use Xfire anymore...so heres my Skype info

skype name dmc_rulez
    city = london
    user name David MC
    email [email protected]
    mobile 07506629342 in uk..outside uk +447506629342
    and my avatar should be a crazy looking white rabbit

"Aspire to Inspire before you expire." "life.............is a state of mind."

• ok who logged in as DMC? Dont do that! :D

Yo DMC welcome back! I tried to play ArmaII some weeks ago again but died instantly and ran around like a chicken...
    I guess there is no chance to convince Pro-Arma players to try BF3!?

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• My god it has been a long time :) good to see you lot still at it :)

sadly BF3 is just not my cup of tea...and plus i dont play vanilla arma..it's with Project reality's mod...makes it's a PvP paradise ..way harder then Crysis ever was and sometimes I still get a good KDR...lol ..but then Arma is not so much about KDR, more team work..without strong command/cohesion the game is lost.

but i like that you guys are trying new things...if anything I'm very much looking foward to Arma 3, and the shed load of other games coming, been playing alot of "Wargame European Escalation" with Poobar and co.

hope to see you guys sometime on TS :)

"Aspire to Inspire before you expire." "life.............is a state of mind."