OSF server popularity

• How are we gonna get the server popular again? as i know from experience idling does not work.

i think we start the server on only mesa and have members play on it n shit then when it gets popular we can finally play other maps. all we have to do is say, hey were the cop people come play.

what do the forums think?

• The OSF server is starting to get visitors, even w/ CoP still being online. I'm not too worried, as I'm sure we will all agree to play in OSF once CoP is down.

As for the 24/7 Mesa part, I disagree. It is "OSF Mostly Mesa", plus I've tweaked the vote settings so that it should be easier to vote for a new map. The players will play whatever map they want, isn't that best?

• I think the server is doing fine.. cop is down now, we got people playing on it, dont think we have to put in alot of efford to get more people to play on it..
    although on the other hand it wont hurt either :D

rirrnos4eu1zdgyhiug9.png

• Guys,

just to let you know I have been starting to punish players who capture the last bunker. This might not be that good for the servers popularity and I already pissed of some players but if its only for 1 minute it should be appropriate in my eyes.
    Since it can happen by accident it should not be a rule and any admin should warn first. Or we could add a message "please avoid to capture the last bunker"...

any comments?

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• As long as they don't baserape, having only your base is really not bad, esp. if someone buys a spawn truck. I think it might not be a good idea to alienate players by punishing them for that. Plus, I mostly leave the last bunker there when it's OSF vs. OSF and we just want to hang out in the Proto.

• While I absolutely hate it when one team owns all the bunkers, I can also see from the eyes of an player who is new to "OSF ways", and does not realize that taking the last bunker is detrimental to gameplay. Punishing players who take the last bunker was always something I threatened to do, but I never did. Let's please warn them first, before punishing. Even then, I still wouldn't punish until the player has done it multiple times, as even I have accidentaly taken the last bunker.

And yes, a server spam message is a good idea. Although people don't read the bottom of their screen, I'll add the new message, just so we can say it is official.

• the server seems to have pretty good populations, especially when its european gaming time, and pretty good at US gaming time. but in off times, generally not very good.

course, the damn wife has me doing house crap all the time :(

i have never punished someone, nor threatened to for capping the last bunker. i may have told them to leave it, and i do punish base rapers, after a general warning or two.

• Not that i really have any authority to say this being an inexperienced internet gamer but i have to agree with Big Visk i don't think its necessary to punish for capping the last bunker, i just think polite or not so warnings against doing so as its not in the spirit of how things are done in the osf server is enough. If they do cap it then so be it, yes it is annoying but the majority of those who play in the server respect the server rules.
    You will always have those who will have no respect or regard for the rules but most of us are mature and tolerant enough to put up with the few retarded gamers.
    The whole point as i see it of power struggle is to caputre, i have seen in my short time how the game ebbs and flows over a session entire maps are captured by the enemy and recaptured in a single session sometimes several times over, i know it makes things more intresting if one bunker is always in play but some do not care for intresting and fair play.

Personally what attracted me to osf was this fairness, maturity and tolerance. Somehow i feel by punishing for taking the last bunker is maybe being a little over zealous in applying the rules although i do agree it is a good rule.

Just my opinion.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• I've tried to vote map to other maps a few times and most of the players vote (that vote) vote !yes, cause some of us are getting sick of Mesa at all times. It always fails though simply because most of the players don't vote either way. Can we get a rotation through a few maps OR make it easier to vote change at all?

- Escudero

• Assuming you've put your post in the topic called "OSF server popularity" because you feel as though changing to another map will lead to higher popularity, then how does it make sense to reduce the number of votes required to successfully switch maps? Currently, a majority is required (51%). If less players than that were to vote for a map and it was to be successful, then wouldn't that have been the unpopular choice?

This is not to say that I don't agree with the part about getting sick of Mesa, as I wouldn't mind playing other maps on occasion.