=OSF= FR16 DayZ Server

• I was asked by a couple of players from our DayZ server if the time could be changed to better suit European hours, the server has risen in popularity again recently it seems most players are based in Europe and well most of you guys are playing PR right now.

I am putting this on behalf of Mika32 who cannot make an account here due to an invalid token error??

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• I'm in favor of changing the time to whatever is most desired by the majority of those who play on our server, but I'm not sure if Mika32's opinion represents that of the majority or if I'd be changing the time we established as a group based upon anecdotal evidence. I feel as though there is a risk we may upset the server's player base who have gotten used to the time the way it is.

I would suggest that we add a server message saying to make a forum account to vote for new server time, but that won't work if people are getting errors making an account, so I guess we need icomrade to take a look at that first before we do anything just yet.

• Quote from "NecessaryEvil"

I'm in favor of changing the time to whatever is most desired by the majority of those who play on our server, but I'm not sure if Mika32's opinion represents that of the majority or if I'd be changing the time we established as a group based upon anecdotal evidence. I feel as though there is a risk we may upset the server's player base who have gotten used to the time the way it is.

I would suggest that we add a server message saying to make a forum account to vote for new server time, but that won't work if people are getting errors making an account, so I guess we need icomrade to take a look at that first before we do anything just yet.

Is it possible to make a poll that lets even guests vote icomrade?

Tryton on life

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• I made a poll that guests are allowed to vote in, but I think poll results can be exploited by guest accounts, so I think we should instead try to get the website fixed so people can register properly.

http://oldschoolfighters.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=680.

In the meantime, feel free to leave a post there if you would like to see different options to pick from in the poll.

• I wouldn't really want guests to be allowed to vote, because who knows if those people even play DayZ, let alone on our server. Anywho the problem is fixed (kind of), it's an issue with the pop-up registration, so now you are brought to an ugly un-styled registration page, but it works. :)
    Tested, registration process works fine. Issues like this should not be burred in a thread about the DayZ server though, there's a thread specifically for this is general discussion.

• Hi, i'm mika32.

I represent french community on your wonderfull server, many french would like to have the server in GMT+1 (Paris).
    Because when it's the day in france we are the night in game... And when it's the night in france it's the day in the server :(
    The server wear the "FR" tag in his name, so many french come on your server. Please set the time zone in GMT+1 :D

I have found other problems on the server i'll create a specific post to report some errors or problems.

(Sorry for bad english)

• I have to admit that the timezone change is mainly made for westerners and people that play late into the night, as most of this clan is and does. I think that it's only fair that we reach a compromise on a timezone, or if enough people want to just set it back to GMT +1. You are more than welcome to make a list of players that want things changed (so not everyone has to register), and post what they have to say here, please give in game names.

Thanks.

• this guy join our TS and tell me that
    "MIka32": A cheater is on the server his name is fuszoo
    "MIka32": he can tp other player
    "MIka32": he can spawn boxes
    "MIka32": he have spawn vehicule !!!
    "Tryton": ok thx for info
    "MIka32": please ban him
    "Tryton": i cant but we will
    "MIka32": thank you very much
    "MIka32": nice server

signature1oc.jpg

• I found your server on DayZ Commander. I've been looking for a stable server that actively bans hackers. From your website I can see that you guys tolerate none of that mess. I'm pretty sure I have a new home server now!

Before I found your server my friend and I got hacked. Both of us were instantly knocked out, and after a few minutes my survivors' body was teleported twice. I saw two players and immediately left the game, so they couldn't kill me and take my gear. We've been hopping around trying to find a new server, and we really like yours. Our only problem is this "knockout timer" that wont go away. No matter which server we go to, its there on log in. Is there anyway a server admin could remove it for us? Or even kill us so we can run back to our gear?

Thanks!

**EDIT: We cannot do anything in-game. Even the game menu won't come up when you press esc. My survivor's name is Grym, and my squad mate is Oni.

• There are numerous posts about this on the DayZ forum, if the server restart does not fix things then I doubt we can help you. I've not read those topics on DayZ forum in depth as I've never had an issue but if your problem persists this may be your next port of call.

Also even OSF is not immune to hackers, at least here you have active admin and players which you can bitch to and we will try to help in any way we can.

Tryton on life

• Quote from "Ripley"

Is there a way to log which player got killed? ppl were killed continuously today by a hacker (including me) and I would like to compare player list and "got killed list"

No, I have requested that feature a while ago on the DayZ git hub. They responded by telling me that there are bigger things to worry about, if it gets added good, if it doesn't get added oh well.

• Shouldnt be too difficult to add a script that grabs the player name whenever a "Player was killed" message occurs. Can't you put that in server script? Or request from the DayZ Anti-Hax people.

"Knowledge is power and power corrupts, so study hard and be evil."
    "If we do not end wars, wars will end us"

• Quote from "eraser1"

Shouldnt be too difficult to add a script that grabs the player name whenever a "Player was killed" message occurs. Can't you put that in server script? Or request from the DayZ Anti-Hax people.

Eraser, I do not write scripts, and that feature is already in the game it is unfortunately not logged anywhere, I'm pretty sure it is only displayed on screen. DayZ Antihax is an external program that scans logs, it does not edit or add anticheat scripts to the mission.

• Quote from "icomrade"

Eraser, I do not write scripts, and that feature is already in the game it is unfortunately not logged anywhere, I'm pretty sure it is only displayed on screen. DayZ Antihax is an external program that scans logs, it does not edit or add anticheat scripts to the mission.

Well, all I can say about that is "that's stupid". With the certain amount of information logged, shouldn't there be a deathlist?

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Starting tomorrow (02/12/2013) illegal weapons will be deleted out of your player's inventory, automatically, without warning. If weapon removal fails you will be prompted to drop your illegal weapon, and will not be able to play until you do. Players that poses vehicle weapons, such as a GAU8, in their inventory will have their game frozen, and screen black out.

No gear or weaponry will be replaced, and no consolation will be given.

• Awesome, and I don't know if ARB told you or not but there was a bit of artillery spawned in by a hacker that destroyed some buildings that our helis were on. Perhaps illegal vehicles should also be added to the list... if possible. Any bit of evidence in the logs that any illegal vehicle/projectile should automatically call for removal of the vehicle/source of projectile.