=OSF= Crysis Division: Subject > RECRUITING: STRENGTH IN

• Start A High Mass Recruiting Operation Effective Immediately? 0

1. Yes. (0) 0%
    2. No. (0) 0%
    3. Lets Try Something Else-Brainstorm (0) 0%

I was contemplating on how can we make =OSF= more enjoyable and better than it is. One idea that i came up with is, why don't we start on an initiative to start recruiting. To launch this off we could start off by adding * Recruiting * next to one of our servers title. We then could have anybody that is interested in joining =OSF= put a [R] at the end of their profile name and we could simply spectate them and see if we would want them to be part of =OSF=. Another way is we could individually try them out on a separate "training" server while in TS, get an idea of what they are like mentally and how they act ingame. I would mainly say we should focus on making =OSF= larger rather smaller than more skillful at the moment. Really it doesn't matter if we have crappy players in =OSF= because we can always thin it down and always just use the better players in scrims. Also the advantage of bigger clans, more members on at one time. Also sense there is the one difficulty of scrimming with other clans considering there really aren't that many others. We could have inner-clan scrimming. I don't know what the rest of you =OSF= are thinking but i think recruiting definitely cannot hurt us just if we don't let stupid people in. The basis of letting people in should not necessarily be on *skill but mainly on MATURITY and level of comprehension of what is going on. The bigger the clan, thus the larger amount of members, thus more games people are interest = better, we can hopefully spread out into more divisions and actually have firm foundations in several games. Such as Crysis Wars and the next crysis to come out, ARMA2, Operation Flash Point 2 and so on.

Don't Forget To Take The Poll To See What Everyone Is Thinking, Thanks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Gamp (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• First of all, the basis of letting people in has always been on maturity, not skill.

I like your idea and appreciate the effort, but I think there are other issues that should be dealt with first. It shouldn't be a surprise to hear that a popular game server is what allows for growth and success. This means that we first need to work on simply playing in the OSF server, and making OSF look good while doing so. This means that you shouldn't act like an ass while wearing OSF tags.

We can get a lot more out of simply administrating a good popular server than we could out of making it our goal to recruit masses of players who might end up being assholes anyways.

As a side note, I am beginning to believe more and more that 24/7 Mesa was CoP's downfall. I like Mesa, don't get me wrong, but I am constantly hearing from other players about how they like and get along with our admins (most of you guys that are reading this) but hate Mesa.

I think we can expand and become a more diverse group if we play some other maps (no, they don't have to be kiddy counter-strike-style IA maps).

So Gamp, yes I also believe that our number of members and amount of participation is becoming a real issue, but I don't completely agree with your proposed method of addressing the problem.

• I would play on the =OSF= Server but i get a 211 ping which is impossible for me to realistically play =(. All I'm proposing is we should start recruiting so we have more members, so we can start innerclan scrimmage.

• Gamp you can play with a 200+ ping...i have for months..and was doing fine...so give it another go.

"Aspire to Inspire before you expire." "life.............is a state of mind."

• i just saw the name of the thread and i automaticly said no. i didnt bother to read anyones posts. no, the fact that we dont want to make it look like were desperate and we want ppl to take initiative themselves is fine. but maybe a new map cause im sick of mesa and is the reason i havnt opened my game on my own initiative in months

"12 isnt divisible by 4...." -NecessaryEvil (Dumbass =P)
    "i aint got no link nigga" -NecessaryEvil (RACIST!!)
    "i got a GF in every state" -Gamp(MORMON Polygamists!!!)

"I dont like having sexual intercourse, I just like knowing that my genitals can pass easily through yours" -Arson633

• Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer a small community of great (mature) people who all know each other over the alternative. That's what OSF has that other clans don't. Instead of being in a clan like IMP where you meet a long-time member for the first time each day, we all know each other well and can really get along and band together as a team. That's why I joined CoP instead of other clans. I could have been IMPy.

We probably should recruit, but not so fast that assholes can slip past our anti-asshole protection, and not so fast that we have a bunch of newcomers and no time to get to know them. Those other clans out there aren't really clans; they're, uh... giant clans? Well, I don't know what to call them, but I can say that a clan is a small group of friends. We're all not just clan members here, but also friends, and that's more than what IMP or h4x can say, I'm sure.

Tioga, if you took offense about what I said of IMP, just be quiet about it.

As far as other maps, like all of us I'd rather just exclusively play Mesa, but maybe we could get in on some of the great custom maps. I once heard about one (from you guys, I think) that I forgot the name of, but it was like Shore yet way more epic, and each spawn point had an awesome part to it, like for one you had to parachute down from the bunker or something.

I don't want us to ever stop having only large PS maps, unless we had a separate server for small ones, but even then I wouldn't play on it.

• If we let guys like FEDOR in the clan we´d ruin our image completely. So please leave me alone with this BROS or noobhunter style "WE ARE RECRUITING"
    Let´s go ahead with asking mature and descent players to join.
    This MistaD may be a candidate...

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Ripley is right Fedor is an ass and cant its a shame hes in the server if ya ask me.
    And we sud try get mistad hes a good player and never had trouble with him
    maybe get him on TS some day

Changing maps i think is definately needed, a in game vote for wat map to play would be good.
    Only when you bring differant maps you have to consider,
    how long does 1 map last,
    people will end the game to move onto t next map,
    people will leave wen a shit map comes on ect

Evil is right though first thing to do is populate t OSF server
    Although it will be a sad day :( it will be easier to populate wen CoP server runs out

Wardy

• i just saw the name of the thread and i automaticly said no. i didnt bother to read anyones posts. no, the fact that we dont want to make it look like were desperate and we want ppl to take initiative themselves is fine. but maybe a new map cause im sick of mesa and is the reason i havnt opened my game on my own initiative in months

[i]

Arson This is the reason your a fag.

• cad wbhy the fuck would i play with you? u fuckin like that shit u fuckin homo =P

"I dont like having sexual intercourse, I just like knowing that my genitals can pass easily through yours" -Arson633

• o come on ripley tht not coool.......

• Actually, Ripley hasn't even voted against you. He was just pointing out how your reputation is dropping.

I've told you before that your asshole attitude was hindering CoP's ability to recruit new members. Well, in OSF this is becoming a greater problem.

Please shape up, or you won't be a server admin any longer. Quit being an ass, and quit making dumb ass posts, or don't bother wearing the OSF tag anymore.

This is not at all the way you acted in CoP when you were working on becoming a 2LT.

• damn evil, way to be