• so the restructuring of our server doesn't seem to be having the appeal that was anticipated. i think reverting to ps is better. except timed games with nukes. it works with (shudder) bros. considering there are rarely any admins who will kick anyone off bros. a somewhat safe haven of the OSF should bring players into the fold. three or four map rotation, spawn with scar and laser and 200p.
    i miss the good ol days. i know wars isn't the game it used to be but i feel that there is still enuff demand for a coke vs. pepsi battle with bros.
    crysis 2 is just around the corner. with the absentee members and the recent defectors and quitters we need to gather steam on our server status and clan membership, if we are to even have a clan for crysis 2.
    on that note do we plan to run a crysis 2 server? i don't think that has been addressed yet.

• I miss the good old days that you're referring to more than you could imagine. In terms of regaining popularity by running Mesa 24/7, I think the words "uphill struggle" would be a massive understatement. So I agree that we'd have to offer something different (like other PS maps, nukes, and time limits as you mentioned). The idea behind the IA custom map rotation was to attract players looking for something other than the same old same old; and it it did work to an extent, but we need to get in there and play in order to keep the games alive.

While I cannot deny that the custom map rotation has been a complete failure thus far, I think more than just the maps are to blame. Organizing practice sessions with open doors to the public would definitely help regain some popularity. I think we need someone to get the troops riled up and remind everyone how much fun Crysis can still be.

To answer your question about what the story will be in Crysis 2, all I can say is that the amount of responses to this topic will serve either as encouragement or doubt for the future.

• Crysis 2, Crysis 2, Crysis 2, Crysis 2, Crysis 2 Crysis 2 and =OSF= Forever

I think we will struggle to get the popularity up again, i think if we start to populate the server again then maybe we will get some 7 v 7 or 8 v 8 games going? No one more than me and ginia would like to see the server back to max capacity but I just think the way public servers are right now this would be difficult. When i started playing in August last year there was many populated Mesa servers to join, 7oxicity - Schumplfhausen - Kannonfotter and of course NH these were always highly populated now its not the case, just NH has managed to stay the course maybe in part due to there high memberships even non clan members can enjoy extra perks by contributing to the server.

All I can say is lets just hang in there, if the few hardcore (non quiters) of us stick it out trying to get games going on our own server or meeting up in other servers in the in between time before the Crysis 2 release then hopefully with many more new gamers and greater general server population we can go for a recruitment drive and push OSF in Crysis 2.

On a side note I noticed 7oxicity have gone to the darkside! and had a NoCDkey server up.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• I think OSF server is dead until Crysis 2. There will be maybe 4 to 8 players left playin from server to server but not in ours.

When Crysis 2 comes out i think we will see ex members and all current non-active members come back to full swing and OSF will flourish again.

I will help as much i can with any ideas on how to maintain server popularity now, just post or PM me

I already had a discussion with Ginia and she informed me that herself Arb and Tanktop occasionally play in the evening time after 6pm (UK time)
    I am goin to make an effort to join them as often as i can, the possibility of 2v2 in our server could populate it
    Others please keep this in mind also, a few times over last month there was like 6 of us in TS in a different server, easily enough to begin a game on our own

I have bought Bad Company 2 and am playin that a lot but its no match to Crysis XD

Hope see some you guys soon

Wardy

• It seems to me that when people were doing almost anything wrong on the osf server people would get punished for it, like taking last bunker for example. Maybe if we just let people take what ever they want(like a true power struggle) and not be so hasty to say somthing to people who are sniping or heli whoreing then it might sprawl again (yes i know i did it too)

Its not like we cant snipe them off a hill or get a heli are selves or just go inside a building; i personally have sniped more snipers with less than a sniperrifle then i have ever killed with a sniper rifle

I also think we should eliminate vtols completely since there so hard to hit with missles unless they suffer scar damage, also i've been waiting a long time for a server that can start you off with a scar and lasor instead of a damn pistol. i hate haveing to drop my pistol then set up a rifle with a lasor then getting killed. Its like putting on scuba gear after you allready dove into the water. to be honest if my general was stupid enough to drop me into battle with a million dollar suit then a damn pistol i'd probley shoot him with it.

as for osf i dont plan on quiting any time soon ..i have been alot busyer' working now so you guys havent seen me much but im still here. somtimes i think we all are to good. who could beat this clan? a clan vs clan is a great idea i would absoultly love it. i just hope i get the word before it happens!

NO HACKS BEEYATCHES

• yes i think so too robocop, cause i think we have a little bit to much rules sniping is one of the most important thing in crysis very much guys are sniping i am sjiping sometimes too ( only if i got sucked of the other snipers). but heli and so on is "normal" for crysis.

• I think admin abuse and overly strict rules have damaged the OSF name. Although I disagree about the complete banning of vtols, I would support the idea of 1 per team so that we still have some way of catering to noobs. scar+lp is in effect as per roginia's request. and yeah i hope to schedule a scrim against NH soon

• I just think server population as a whole across the board has changed, no-cd key servers seem to get well populated but have there problems with hackers not including the fact the cheap skates didn't purchase the copy of Crysis in the first place and if you want PC gaming to survive and to have good titles released in the future cough up the dough :evil: !!

I have mentioned it to Evil about a no-cd key server out of desperation to see population back, but this really isn't what OSF is about.

So I think we have to change with the times, use our server for fun, mix the maps and game types, play scrims maybe even clan wars although be wary we are most deffinetly a casual clan of honest gamers!

I'd like to try and get some small games going from time to time with some friends i've meet through this game who share the same values when it comes to playing.

We may be able to get populated again if we were less strict, allowed 3 vtols per team, sniping from 2 v 2 and tanks etc etc, up'd the ping kick to 300 all the things that are not particularly OSF! Even then it will only work if the clan get together to populate it regularly to make us seen.

Personally like i've said before I feel we just need to stay united, try to get some game time with each other even if it is not at our own server at least once a month and see what we can do when Crysis 2 comes out.

I also think we should try to keep recruiting, its nice to see apps again and Ktysonis a nice guy who I hope sticks around.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• Yep, Tyson is the best applicant we've had in a very long time. I think he belongs here, as he's more of a dedicated Crysis player than some of the Crysis-quitters currently plaguing our member list (obviously I'm not talking about any of you reading this).

Anyways, he's got my endorsement and he deserves our votes big time.

• Hey guys :)

Anyone miss me? 8)

haha doubt it :P

Today i had a curious urge to come on here to see how things are going in OSF.

Its sad to see posts like these that lets me know that the OSF server is close to dead :(

If its any consolation, if i didn't have my A levels, i'd leave my computer all day, on that server, just to populate that server =/

On the other hand, i do like to see you guys are excited about Crysis 2 :) I certainly am, and am going to get it :)

Perhaps, like you guys suggested, you guys can repopulate the server :)

On another good note - some of you seem to have bought Battlefield: Bad Company 2 :)

Perhaps those who've got it, should meet up one day and have a game and maybe even make a clan on it :) I go on BBFC2 now and then because i knew that

the OSF server is nearly dead =/

P.S- How is everybody? Missed you all you know :)