• Guess i agree with evil, no new players yet... who is in charge of the training's btw?
    i noticed ripley asked me if i wanted to train the other day, or are all admin able to start up a training?

rirrnos4eu1zdgyhiug9.png

• Ripley is the man incharge of Crysis. :)

Well for starters I think i'm going to run some ARMA2 tranings for the mission editor and genral team work...ie setting up simple missions where we take on more and more foes.

"Aspire to Inspire before you expire." "life.............is a state of mind."

• we can do trainings anytime any time you guys want. Over the last weeks either nobody was there at training time or no one was interested in having a training. Recently, wardy thor and I were having an aim training which was funny. I still would like to show sniper777 and pointer some stuff...

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• so ur gonna stay up till 9 pm est? its good to know what the time differences are in this sorta setting. East Coast US is 5 hours behind 0 GMT (britian) and west coast is 3 hours behind east coast. Didnt we have an interactive map that can explain it...?

"12 isnt divisible by 4...." -NecessaryEvil (Dumbass =P)
    "i aint got no link nigga" -NecessaryEvil (RACIST!!)
    "i got a GF in every state" -Gamp(MORMON Polygamists!!!)

"I dont like having sexual intercourse, I just like knowing that my genitals can pass easily through yours" -Arson633

• Ryan, please join us on TS so that we can decide if we want to add you to the team. As long as you're not some kind of complete douche, we'll let you in (hell, Arson made it in, so our standards are pretty low).

Once you've joined us, you will be able to vote in our training time poll. You can find it by clicking here.

• Hello new members (chachi, Phantom, Grjin ...),

as Evil mentioned we are now having trainings when we feel it is needed. Like last week we had one later on saturday. I noticed that some of you may need some help with fundamental things so if you do not want to get owned so easily I will be setting up a password on our practice server tomorrow and you can join me there. Time: 20:00 Zulu :lol: That is 8pm GMT +0
    For CST (GMT-5, summertime) this would be 3pm.

Please reply in here or answer on teamspeak if you cannot make it so we can decide to change training time.

Also for those who would like to read some little guide: OSF´s PS guide

Thx! Over and out.

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Actually, I find comrade's post fairly helpful to those who have trouble understanding the fundamentals, like needing a decent frame rate in order to fight effectively. icomrade told me the other day that someone was trying to play with 10 frames/sec, which is obviously not playable.

Also, lets try to get the word out to Chachi, Phantom, Swizzy, and G that we'll be hosting a much-needed practice session. Maybe we can tell scanner as well so that that he can go over the freeze and shatter technique.

• Hey OSF´s

what do you guys think about doing OSF internal scrims from time to time?
    We used to do that back in CoP when I was a young member :wink:

Since I do not have to do regular trainings anymore (or only on special requests) this could be some funny alternative.
    When we were playing on the Schlumpfhausen server I noticed a lack of teamplay so I thought about asking you.

Scrim rules (my suggestion):
    - only infantry! I want to have it "quiet" in terms of no helis and vtols and tanks
    - no clays when its only 3vs3 or less
    - mines are allowed
    - forget about kdr. Thats important b/c you are less tempted to camp proto and dig yourself behind a shitload of clays
    - scrim duration no longer than about an hour
    - balanced team skill
    - seperate teamspeak channels
    - scrim objective: obtain the most proto energy level?

The "balanced skill" rule may vary since you learn when playing against better players but its more frustating.

I am not sure about the server. Maybe we could use ams and then STL so the ping advantage/disadvantage is even

Scrim time: That used to be an issue in CoP. I suggest Saturday or Sunday evening Europe time which means early afternoon US time.

Thx for your input on that

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Well i'd like to deposit what i know for scrims:

traditionally a scrim is 2, 25 min rounds, usually on a small map: ie: refinery, plantation, desolation. All guns are allowed, but tanks are not. Some weapons such as c4, claymores, and nano's are frowned upon, but not against the rules. basically your just trying to get enuf energy then nuke the enemy base. first round one team plays on us team, and the second round they play on nk team. If the teams are super unbalanced, then the second round people may jumble the teams a little for more balance. Those are all of the rules i can think of off the top of my head

Oh yeah, and traditionally the server is clean of any mods whatsoever. (except for ex mod)

• I'm in, if no one else we can 1v1. :)

• I'll be there, i agree our team dynamic was poor on the smurfhouse server so yes i'd like to improve my teamplay with my osf team mates. So name the time and place and i'll be there Saturdays or Sundays are best for me.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics