View distance in the servers

• View distance change 0

1. Yes (0) 0%
    2. No (0) 0%

Hey there, are you a victim of bushes not showing up until your 10 feet away, or even the infamous vtol that doesn't show until your tank is out of reach to shoot it?
    Well if you are id like to change that by changing a few setting in the PB Cvar list and these are:

pb_sv_Cvar e_view_dist_ratio_detail IN 15 30
    pb_sv_Cvar e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation IN 15 45
    pb_sv_Cvar e_view_dist_ratio IN 40 60

Now if we raise these values then we can see bushes and vtols etc... from far :)

I would like everyone to vote please.

Thanks

• Yea I think it's client-side. But the server has some control over client settings. That also why some settings are forced to "custom" and you can't adjust them.

Increasing the draw distance will take a hit on FPS performance. From what I read, it should only be a minimal hit. I say adjust it very little at a time and see how people react to it. I'm worried most about Grjiun since he doesn't have a dedicated GPU. There are probably other players that are like him in that respect.

I read an article one time on how to optimize Crysis and Crysis Wars and stuff. Supposedly, you can change the view distance along with something else without a hit on performance. I think this other setting handles the way the CryEngine renders distant textures or something. Anyway, here is a text file with a bunch of CryEngine commands. Some work on Crysis, some on Crysis Warhead, and some on Crysis Wars. Mostly, these are client-side commands.

Copy-paste this to a text file.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

Edited once, last by B-e-t-a (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• I agree. The gauss jeeps should also cost just as much as the normal gauss rifle, but maybe a bit lower since you can't put a scope on it and it isn't as mobile. Whatever the current cost of the gauss rifle is the gauss jeep should cost around 50p less

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

• I agree. The gauss jeeps should also cost just as much as the normal gauss rifle, but maybe a bit lower since you can't put a scope on it and it isn't as mobile. Whatever the current cost of the gauss rifle is the gauss jeep should cost around 50p less

I disagree I like the gauss jeeps at the current cost, they are an effective vtol counter and not as effective on infantry, so the cost should be equivilant to an AA tank or rocket launcher which it is.

As for draw distance that all goes over my head. i'll vote yes cause pointgaurd asked me to.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by ArboristUK (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Grjiun would still be able to use whatever view distance he's using now. PointGuard only wants to know if we should increase the maximum allowable view distance that clients are allowed to set their CVARs to.

And is there a setting to make gauss jeeps show up sooner?

eh you're right. I guess I wasn't thinking when I thought that. erm, that's what I get for thinking.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

Edited once, last by B-e-t-a (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Grjiun would still be able to use whatever view distance he's using now. PointGuard only wants to know if we should increase the maximum allowable view distance that clients are allowed to set their CVARs to.

And is there a setting to make gauss jeeps show up sooner?

Yes, thats exactly what i was talking about by increasing the view distance :)

And no there isnt a command to allow the gauss jeep to show up sooner.

Edited once, last by PointGuard (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).