• Hey OSF and all others,
    First of all, thanks for allowing us to play on your server. I enjoy playing with skilled, competent players. Before you continue, note that this is ONLY a suggestion, for as the last decision remains with the benefactors.

Lately, every time I join, I try to go with the team that is losing. To my dismay, most of the time the teams are VERY uneven and don't even allow for a good duel overall. I understand that the job of the OSF admins is to eliminate any disparities/discrepancies that both teams confront in order to improve the gameplay; nevertheless, I'd be willing to suggest that the admins also make the effort to create equal teams NOT only based on numbers, but on common sense and KDR averages. While KDR averages do not determine the skill of each player, after a while, it is a good method to prognosticate the aptitude and competency of the individuals.

I have attached two images for you to look at that show the overall unequal state of the teams. While this is not always the case, it would be a good idea to implement this practice. As the aforementioned statement indicates, please do not take any offense or anger at this, it is simply a suggestion. The reason MistaD and I return to this server, is because we enjoy it and believe it is the best we have access to. The OSF and other players are awesome to play with and I look forward to continuing on the server.

I apologize if I ask or plead for people to help our teams out while playing, but I do it for a reason. My goal is not always to win, but to have fun...and part of having fun is having equal, competent teams.

-3CELL

itqqb07o5s6ekrij24r.jpg

• when teams are that large i dont think its a big deal. i get more concerned when its 5 osf v 5 nobodies who are getting creamed and leave. generally better to even up the teams and hopefully attract more players.

however, a lot of players are so caught up in there kdr that they dont want to go against the better team, cause even if they are awesome, there kdr wont be as high as if they go against less skilled/organized players.

im guilty of occasionally joining the stacked team, especially if for some reason there is room on it, but also will join the losing team and use my admin to steal one or more of the better players to my team to even things up (especially when they clay the hell out of places, or bunker rape, you biotches).

i still think that 3 osf on one side isnt that bad in a game of 15 or so players, but it can be really annoying when the teams are smaller (unless you are on the osf team)

on a side note, when are you going to join us on TS, and get another key so you and your bro can play together.

• i usually join the team with less members or just hit auto join. but another thing that i would like to see more of is teamspeaking in the appropriate team channel. the thrill of the hunt is spoiled sometimes when all members are in the same channel. if i kill pointer without hearing that he is on wf roof its more satisfying. don't get me wrong i have a great time talking and listening to everyone but sometimes its a bit much with 7-10 people talking over each other.

• I agree with everything being said.
    Since those screenshots show me on the list, too I would like to mention that those were taken after I played against TankTop and Pointer for hours. That is why I dont feel bad joining the winning team at some point and give the other team points or spawn them vehicles

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• I always auto join or if the teams are even in player count, I ask which team I should join. If I feel like the teams are uneven in my advantage, I do not use claymores and if it's very unfair, I will even switch to other weapons like the shotgun.

While I respect your concern for balance and fairness, there is not much we can do to preserve this by means of administrative powers, as players do not often take kindly to being switched to the other team, as this kills them and lowers their KDR. Feel free to ask good players (like chrisfarmagay and that razer svk guy) to switch to the side that needs help.

• Interestingly enough, through constant research, i have determined that the autojoin button is essentially just an nk team button if the teams have equal amounts of players

• thats true toga.

to evils point, thats true too, people dont like being switched to the "losing" team. which is why i will steal osf players if im on the losing team. and i only switch other people if they are base raping, because lets face it, its just plain fun and i feel its just.

• on a side note, when are you going to join us on TS, and get another key so you and your bro can play together.

Unfortunately, as of last Thrusday, the university closed down the game room so 3CELL and I will no longer be able to play together :cry:

Now back on topic, I also hate it when people do that team stacking stuff. Also, the thing about asking people to switch teams rarely ever helps. I always try that and very few people switch.

MistaD

Edited once, last by MistaD (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• i usually volunteer to switch when some people complain 8):lol:

haha i dont mind switching i suppose, i just hate gettin killed by ripley 24/7 :evil:

and evil

...and pointer

...and verrater

...and esudero

(goes on for years on end)

• Unfortunately, as of last Thrusday, the university closed down the game room so 3CELL and I will no longer be able to play together :cry:

Now back on topic, I also hate it when people do that team stacking stuff. Also, the thing about asking people to switch teams rarely ever helps. I always try that and very few people switch.

Dude seriously... I always switch when i get asked or if i feel i need to. You can ask your brother.
    Which is often why my kdr is so shit. It's hard to switch people on a whim or using commands in the console unless you have them macro'd (i dont). And people get their panties in a wad if you switch them.
    That being said, teams usually even out eventually. If a team is being raped consistently others give them prestige or tanks,vtols,etc. I just switch teams to try to help.

Unfortunately there are a LOT of people that join the winning team when they join the server, which is just bad form in my opinion.

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• I try to join the team with players I best get along with. Or specifically, players who use team speak.

If you're not on TS, you should download it and give it a try. Even if you don't have a mic you are still welcome.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

• Hey guys,
    Thank you for your responses and input.

tioga: Thanks man. Dude! That sensitivity and weapon inertia thing make a HUGE difference. Thanks for the tips man, I really appreciate. it. We're looking forward to session 2.

@BV: Sup man? I agree with your statement. We can't play together anymore because the closed the game room after some SMART retard messed up the PC's and they saw it was a vulnerability to the system and...yeah, they closed it down.

@Chachi: What the heck are you talking about?? lol -- Hey man, I don't know what you've been doing, but you have improved a darn lot. Congrats man, keep it up.

Ripley: I took those screenshots after playing for about 4 hours with similar teams. I do think vehicles and extra prestige help since in the long term it goes back to being the same thing. It's only a matter of time before the teams either lose the vehicles or waste their money on buying 5 helicopters (I hate helis). It can certainly be an improvement at times some though- Thanks!

@Evil: True man. It would suck to have the OSF server mutate to become the BIG BROTHER of servers. I think that switching people into the teams would not be a wise idea. By doing that, we would be addressing the fruits, results, or effects, and not the reasons and origins. I believe that instilling upon the OSF and other significantly mature players with the attitude of being the ones who take the initiative to even out teams themselves would be a much more effective method. However, as mentioned, it does not happen ALL the time...but if the situation rises again, it wouldn't hurt to take that initiative.

MistaD: Bro, buy me a new computer man. Then we can both play from home :) Dude, what the heck is wrong with the mouse???????????

Ryan: Cool man, I try to do that when I can too.

@Shan: Yeah man, those frikin dudes and chrisfarmaceut, SVK, and some FusiON guys are hard to kill. ///// Thanks man, I've been playing a lot more lately...but in about a month or so I'll begin to play a lot less because of work and school...which sucks.

verrater: Thanks for switching when we ask man...I know it sucks but it really helps on the short run.

@BETA: OK, can someone explain what the heck Team Speak is? Do you need a mic or headset?

As I said, it's only a suggestion, and thanks for the input. Happy birthday to the guys who are celebrating it.

-3CELL

itqqb07o5s6ekrij24r.jpg