• So basically today me and Pointer were having some dogfight, him using a vtol and me in my rockets loaded chopper. At some point Pointy (terrible mix of words I know :)), after taking some damage, returned to base. so I followed him down and started shooting rockets at him while he was at his base airfactory to repair his vtol. Before I destroyed him, he forced me out of the chopper telling me I wasn't allowed to do that.

Now I remember talking during CoP old times, with one of the admins about this (I don't remember if it was Ripley or DMC or SCANNER or somebody else). and I don't think I am crazy or I am making this up. I am pretty sure that I was told loud and clear that, if someone with a vtol or a chopper or a tank, comes back to base for supplies or for repairing, then if I tried to finish him off, inside of his base, that was NOT baseraping.

And that makes sense to me, since the point of the baseraping rule is to not allow enemies to wait outside or inside the enemy base, and shoot at the players SPAWNING there. But if a player goes BACK to his base to repair his tank-whoring vehicle, I don't see where is the raping if I follow him and destroy him wherever he hides, base included. of course if I follow him down to his base and start shooting at other players spawning there or building their choppers, then that would be baserape.

I am saying this because it happened to me a number of times to go back to base with the chopper to resupply with rockets and find an enemy chopper destroying me seconds before touching down in my base. I don't remember that was ever classified as baserape or that someone punished a player doing that to me.

On the other hand in this forum, server rules for player say that it is considered baseraping destroying anything inside of the base. So I must be wrong and this whole thread is useless.

To Pointer and Farlock: I am sorry if it turns out I went against the rules. if that's the case, even if I don't agree with it, I won't destroy any vtol returning to his base anymore. it's a shame though if I don't agree with the rules of my own clan, situations like this shouldn't happen. I am playing with you guys since a good amount of time and it's the first time I end up booted from my own vehicle. it was a bit sad =[

• 3) NO BASERAPING!
    ----Players are NOT allowed to kill any enemy player that is inside the walls of their base.
    ----For the NK team on the Mesa Map, the zone is extended to the tunnel entrance. DO NOT CAMP THE TUNNEL!
    ----AIR VEHICLES ARE SAFE FOR AN UNLIMITED DISTANCE ABOVE THEIR BASE UNTIL THEY FIRE! Once they fire they forfeit any Baserape protection for the duration of the aircraft's lifespan.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• As far as i no Snowy ypu where 100% right to continue shooting Pointer.
    If a vtol, chopper or even infantry fire in/out of base kill away

Its highlighted in rule 3.3 there once you fire your pretection is gone,
    if it wasn't so a sniper could snipe from base all day and the rules wouldnt allow you to shoot him

Pointer was wrong to kick you from chopper but im sure he didn't know

Wardy

• Its highlighted in rule 3.3 there once you fire your pretection is gone,
    if it wasn't so a sniper could snipe from base all day and the rules wouldnt allow you to shoot him

spiffy Wardy! it seems like I followed rule 3.3 then :) . but from that only it seems like armor and soldiers are free to shoot/snipe from the base and keep their baserape protection since the rule talks only about AIR vehicles..
    For example sometimes I like to buy a Gauss Jeep and snipe aircrafts from within the base walls/area.
    I think a good idea would be to extend the rule 3.3 also to vehicles and infantry, or even better to rephrase rule 3.1 and 3.3 together, since they clash one against the other. A possible single rule could be something like:

"it's considered baseraping whenever an enemy kills you within the base area without you shooting at him or someone from his team first"

and then a rule to explain what we intend for "base area".

I'd like to hear Ripley, DMC or Evil about this. Just to be safe,.

Edited once, last by SnowWhite (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• To be honest, this issue was never solved 100% since early CoP days. Rods position was clear and SCANNER had the same opinion: like described above it would not be illegal to shoot an enemy who is retracting into his base and who has fired at you before. The "base raping protection law" lasts until the player who has spawned in base either starts to shoot or leaves the area defined as "base".
    So kicking you out of your vehicle was wrong b/c you were shot before.

It´s just that I personally do not follow any player who is running back into his home base in order to hunt him down although it would be alright to do that. We (or at least I) had discussions with SCANNER and Rod about this b/c they were once doing that to me when I had no ammo left.
    I consider it now the same situation like mining the NK base tunnel: it´s just cheap but not against the rules. It is as cheap as sitting in his home base and shoot the other team from there.

Think of it that way: when you follow an enemy into his base and you kill one of his teammates by accident it would be considered as base raping. So I suggest to skip doing that.

I hope you guys were not mad at each other? :)

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• I hope you guys were not mad at each other? :)

eh eh no, I was annoyed yes because I almost got him - or I thought in my head I did - and I lost the chance to finish him. plus I am very attached to my choppers, like physically in love with them, so it was a major trauma to get booted off it. but I understand how annoying it is to get rockets in the base while repairing. so no hard feelings at all for Pointy decision from my part.
    I am just a passionate player so like I was loud and screamed like a crazy person, that's it.

so the moral of the story is that it is cheap but 100% legal.
    thank you for the great explanation Ripley!

Gruss Gott!

Edited once, last by SnowWhite (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Yeah Rip summed it up perfectly, but I feel like reiterating his point so that we can come to an agreement on a re-specification of the rules.

Regarding infantry- yesterday, Gamp shot me, then returned to his base where he shot some more at me from within the walls of his base. I camped his base and waited for him to come out. This is legal, just BE SURE to shoot the right guy. In my case, I had Gamp tagged, so I knew that the red truck coming towards me on the mini map was definitely him. This is a rare instance where base rape/ base camping is allowed, but NOT recommended (and rather cheap).

While the rules are admittedly unclear, I can say that this is the way we've been playing for the last year or so:

If you shoot from your base, you are fair game to be shot at.

If you return to your base AFTER shooting at an enemy, you are fair game. That goes for infantry, armor, air, even trolleys.

If pointer shot at you with his vtol, it was ok to go after him while he landed at his base. We can't blame pointer for not knowing the rules since they are very vague, but I am disappointed to hear that he booted you from your vehicle rather than simply saying "Don't shoot me in my base, please".

ea3tz7bk4yctbvlst7f.png
    [04:27] CloWn: we are pistol team. lol

• yeah well the vehicle-boot command... Who never thought of using it on FOCKING ASSHOLE Fedor!?
    It was invented when there was no "!out" command for the chat box yet...

I think the discussion now helped to clear up the situation a bit and Pointer would have reacted different if he had known before. Pointer?

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• I think, i was a little bit angry. I dont make the vehicle boot command again, in this situation!
    PS: I love you in a heli, Snowy!

......... when i have a gausstank:)

Tank you guys for clearing up!

• All is fair in love and WAR :twisted:

LOL

This was a nice friendly mature way to sort out a problem/disagreement
    Why cant everything be done like this(dam kids :-x )

Wardy