New mesa scrimage and training map. *UPDATED* V3R !!!

• it would be nice to have the chopper next to the bar as well as the reinforcement trucks next to proto entrance that keep spawning. I feel a bit sad about the lack of war and air factories. I feel like it really change the way the game is meant to be played on big maps. I wouldn't like the map to end up as a SCAR shooting contest, variety is important.

between those 2 names I vote for Mesa Redux, even if it's not a gorgeous name. Old school Mesa sounds like something very classic, when Scrim is not a very vanilla/classic way to play.

what about "Mesa V version" or something with the word "version" in it ? or Mesa 1.2

• As you could see yesterday everyone was fighting at proto and the beautiful hangar was kind of lost over there.
    Is it possible to make the hangar "capturable"? Capturing a building is vital in my eyes and it does not matter if it´s a war fact or proto or whatever.

Also I guess that Lc would like it to remove any clays and mines to make it a full scrim map :P

Concerning the name Evil you are right that Mesa should stand at the beginning for ppl who sort their server filter for maps. "Mesa´s old school"?
    Mesa redux sounds not bad but Mesa has not really died so why would it have to be reanimated?

EDIT: more cars would be nice though. Especially at the bunkers. I did not know how used I got to spawn a 0 pts humvee in war fact

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• I only had a short time on the map yesterday its a cool map, i liked the trenches on top of the little mesa neat idea that. The chinese restaraunt on top of the mountain looks like you could have some good fights up there.
    As for the hanger it looks cool but felt to open for me and once inside i felt trapped and exposed, it was just something to pass through or go around for me not to hang around in for long, maybe Ripleys idea of making it capturable would tempt me.

The C7 compound now with 2 bunkers looks like it could also be a great place to have some firefights only if some more cover was availible.......

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• fun scrimmage yesterday in Redux. I think the neutral bunker between the hanger and the proto is too exposed and needs also some obstacles
    so a quick speed run doesnt put you right in the proto after spawning there.

A respawning heli might be better than a one time to get more action at the chinese buffet as well.

The scaffolding in the middle could be smaller too, it didnt get much action.

just suggestions of course.

"You are what you do, when it counts." - the masao

• I think we'd see lots of fighting in the hangar if one team held E3/4 and the other team held D3. In the few battles we've had in this map, this was simply never the case.

Ordinarily when this happens, there's action in two places: where the "trenches" currently are and on top of where the war factory should be.

Seems to me like the only way of making the hangar "capturable" would be to put a bunker in side of it. I'm not sure how this would be implemented nicely. That's a job for V's brilliant mind.

Oh and how about "Mesa-Reloaded"?