• http://www.mycrysis.com/uploads/mediapool/mesa.jpg

You know =/ i've always wondered if we could develop a plan that all of us could easily re-enact by putting a few strategic plans.
    i mean yesterday some of us got our asses kicked 4-5 of us vs 3 fusions, and we lost...bad =/

they only won because they worked well TOGETHER =/ sure we got teamspeak but what if they had a plan they know of by heart =/

we should have one ^^ put a few sniper places, spawn trucks etc etc. sure if we're against each other we could know where most things are but hey :D thats just practice xD

• we tend to not use much teamwork when we play. TS is more for our more ADD inflicted members to talk annoyingly while others play.

occasionally useful information is shared, and sometimes it is even heard and understood over all the other chatter.

i notice when we start getting creamed we can begin to work together and communicate more effectively.

• yea i noticed that too ^^

which is why i hope we can work a good plan out =/

for example : Ryan and Felix have a "one down one up" strategy where (for example) at a war factory, one would be higher up than the other and its proven effective =/

if we have something like that =/ we could OWN

• I wasn't there and have never played more than a handful of organized games in Mesa, so maybe I don't have much right to say anything, but no matter what map you're in, there are some aspects of the game that are always important - like:
    using a scar with a laser pointer effectively - something everyone can always get better at,
    moving quickly and using cover well - also something everyone can get better at,
    rushing the enemy when they're being engaged by a teammate (kind of goes along with your "one up, one down tactic", although that sounds dirty to me, for some reason)
    buying a scanner asap and using it constantly
    understanding that b/c spawn trucks are glitched, you're actually doing your team more harm than good if you use them as a means of spawning (it's ok to use them for ammo only)
    and understanding that while sniping may annoy the other team, it won't win the game for you

• something like that shan doesnt need to be planned in advance, just find someone on TS and tell them your plan.

the thing is that some people are more used to working together with eachother. a famous example would be incinerator and his brother. taken apart they were still above average, but placed together they were unstopable.

some people like working with others, and not with some.

for example, i would prefer not to team up with tioga or holydiver or arson, sure they are decent players, but they all are annoying on TS so id rather not work with them.

but, other people are easy to work with,

and some people are ok to work with, not hard nor easy (especially the good players and more especially the jittery bunny hoppers.)

edit* evil snuck in before me, i agree about snipers, sure they can piss you off, but the more people the other team has sniping, the easier it is for your team to capture things. one or two well placed snipers can help with capping a bunker or something but generally sniping doesnt help much (can be fun on occassion)

• Im gonna post what i know about this.
    You can practice fancy teamwork all you want, but its not gonna do ya much good if ur not good at the game.

Each player works as a singular unit, it is this players responsibility to eliminate the enemy units.
    The best way to easily eliminate more than one enemy is to exploit cover, and take them one at a time

NEVER rely on a team mate to come save you, because a majority of the time they wont.

Dont waste your grenades, use them to flush out any enemies who are using cover.

When you kill your enemies, you may then assist your team mates with their enemies.

The most important advice i can give is: STAY AWARE.
    Check your radar constantly, listen for footsteps and LOOK AROUND YOU.
    Often when you have a task in your head, such as ambushing an enemy, you focus only on your task.
    Look past just your objective, because nine times out of ten there's gonna be an enemy in your way ready to stop you because you didn't notice them first

• toga is right except for his point that you need to have good players for good teamwork. I think it´s a matter of "swarming" and even with average players you can be effective.

yesterday 3 FusioN´s joined the server and they started owning again only b/c of good teamwork (we were 6!!). It´s as always, most of us (including me) tend to run away from the spawn point immediately and right into the three of them.

When we have situations like this: forget about your kdr, be patient and go as a group, coordinate where you spawn and where you are going. SCAN SCAN SCAN you should know by now that I am pissed a lot of times b/c I am the only one who is scanning. :)
    The most important rule in PS is "survive/stay alive" so do not rush in. Knowing where the enemy is enables you to control the situation.

The good news is we made it yesterday once we stuck together and after 30min the FusioN´s left. So it is possible to train that just look at what the 760´s do. As much as I dont like em they tend to camp proto area and stick together like glue.

I will try to be a less "lone wolf" next time there comes up a small clan vs clan and if anybody else is with me we will rule (much more than we do anyway 8) )

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• noobs are one thing cad, i dont think we have any noobs. most of osf is around average or above.

i noticed the other day, when our server was down i played on another, my kdr was 4:1, on osf its usually around 1:1.

team work can be effective and even if you are teemed up with a noob, use em as a meat shield.

• toga is right except for his point that you need to have good players for good teamwork. I think it´s a matter of "swarming" and even with average players you can be effective.

yesterday 3 FusioN´s joined the server and they started owning again only b/c of good teamwork (we were 6!!). It´s as always, most of us (including me) tend to run away from the spawn point immediately and right into the three of them.

When we have situations like this: forget about your kdr, be patient and go as a group, coordinate where you spawn and where you are going. SCAN SCAN SCAN you should know by now that I am pissed a lot of times b/c I am the only one who is scanning. :)
    The most important rule in PS is "survive/stay alive" so do not rush in. Knowing where the enemy is enables you to control the situation.

The good news is we made it yesterday once we stuck together and after 30min the FusioN´s left. So it is possible to train that just look at what the 760´s do. As much as I dont like em they tend to camp proto area and stick together like glue.

I will try to be a less "lone wolf" next time there comes up a small clan vs clan and if anybody else is with me we will rule (much more than we do anyway 8) )

HEY i scan too you know -.-'

anyway :D these are good tips thanks :P

btw xD can you guys teach me some stuff :P

such as:

Ripley- you own by yourself 9/10 -.-' you said some stuff about "Knowing what your enemy is gonna do next"
    Evil- How to use ur laser effecitvely- because i know that theres someone there bfore i see'em because of their laser -.-' and vice versa =/

and some other stuff like how to fight in speed mode :P

i know its a lot ot ask xD but PLEASE!!! xD

Edited once, last by shan735 (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• I wont teach u how to fight in speed mode ;) jk
    That only works when you are very good at aiming.

Shan (and anybody who is interested) read this: https://oldschoolfighters.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24

what I meant by "knowing what the enemy is doing" was that most players are predictable in what they do next.
    FEDOR buys a heli, when he gets shot down he will buy an AA. So buy a LAW first, then C4 or both and go to where he will buy that AA.
    When there is no bunker for the other team left, go to C7 b/c thats the place where everyone goes.
    There are many examples like that. Just think of what you would do when you were on the other team.
    Remember: others will do so, too. That means for yourself: be unpredictable.

:P

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

Edited once, last by Ripley (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• noobs are one thing cad, i dont think we have any noobs. most of osf is around average or above.

i noticed the other day, when our server was down i played on another, my kdr was 4:1, on osf its usually around 1:1.

team work can be effective and even if you are teemed up with a noob, use em as a meat shield.

Really? So if I was to play on a Cali server, where my ping is 30 instead of 180, and play with a bunch of average players, my KDR would be more than 0.5 for once? Because I haven't been on a server besides our clan servers since long before I got cable.

Edited once, last by Cadeyrn (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• sarcasm much.

i was simply trying to point out, politely, that your argument was retarded and moot because our server itself rarely has to many noobs, and our clan does not. therefore stating that tactics wont work when teaming with noobs is irrelevant, as we dont have noobs.

• NEVER rely on a team mate to come save you, because a majority of the time they wont.

That's weird, I seem to remember you saying "HELP IM ALMOST DEAD" today when you were in the proto getting raped. And I also seem to remember me killing the bad guy before you died.

Maybe that's not your definition of relying on a teammate, though.

Evil- How to use ur laser effecitvely- because i know that theres someone there bfore i see'em because of their laser -.-' and vice versa =/

and some other stuff like how to fight in speed mode :P

The laser - ok first of all, I think we all know by now that the laser magically improves accuracy, which is why we use it. Yes, it gives your position away when rounding corners, which is why you should conscientiously make sure not to let your beam protrude past the corner where you think the enemy is at. I know it adds more things to think about in an already fast-paced game, but most of this stuff becomes 2nd nature after awhile.

Speed mode - I definitely wouldn't use it as a mode to fight in, rather use it to jump out of a doorway then quickly switch back to armor when engaging the enemy.