• Hello,

here is some raw Alpha 2.5 gameplay from me for those who have not seen anything about Star Citizen.
    I am picking a mission to earn some money... The ship is one of the smallest but fastest.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And here is what we will see with 2.6 going live in October:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Without knowing it, I took part of a ship review recording session so here you can watch some old school space dogfighting.
    I show up at about 10:30min. It took a while to finally hit something but what you cannot see is that there was a 2nd guy attacking at the same time and I had to evade missiles constantly.

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Recorded some alpha 2.6M gameplay with the latest flight module. As stable as it is now it should go live very soon.

It is such a nice game already...

This is a beginning of "Pirate Swarm" in Arena Commander. Each wave comes with bigger and better pirates and you can make it up to wave 18.
    Check the new missile cam at 2:40min. As you can see better not crash into a ship u just blew up :problem:
    I used an AEGIS Sabre with 4 Tarantulas MK3 ballistics.

External Content youtu.be

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Thanks for sharing Ripley! I did find it interesting that you seemingly replenish ammo automatically after a wave, and you can "pick up" extra missiles and fuel.

Just curious: I noticed at certain points you accelerated quickly to higher speeds and the HUD was showing "Boost AFB" at the bottom left. I assume that's the same as the afterburner mechanic currently in the game?

"Knowledge is power and power corrupts, so study hard and be evil."
    "If we do not end wars, wars will end us"

• Yes. Its basically the same but since there are no 3 speed modes anymore (used to be PREcision, Space Combat Maneuvre, CRUise) you are forced to use the afterburner a lot more in order to gain speed. On the downside acceleration costs fuel so you have to manage it which is pretty cool.

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Don´t worry. I was the same like 4 weeks ago when we got to test the first changes. But its actually really good now. U do still have PRE for landing but once u put the landing gear up you will leave PRE mode. I can´t tell details but I got a feeling this might change :)

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Well, I'm sure they put a lot of thought into the changes; if they removed it, it's for a good reason or they're replacing it with something better.

Thanks for the info Ripley

• With the release of 2.6, CIG has posted some new trailers of real gameplay.
    I am still hoping to see some more OSF guys in the verse and pls ask when you have questions and I would be happy to help out with the basics.
    Be sure to add me to your ingame friends list: Beast-Clintwood.

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Getting this issue in my 300i where my ship and/or thrusters do not allow my to accelerate towards the right. I've reinstalled the game, and the issue still persists... any ideas?
    Once I get velocity towards the left, it's very hard to arrest that velocity. I also noticed that from a standstill, my ship accelerates VERY slowly to the right, but has no issues accelerating left.

• I give you 2 months for that ;)

Alpha 3.0 is scheduled for a live release by the end of June. This will be a major step since it contains a huge rework on netcode, finally planetary/moon landings, cargo, item 2.0 etc.

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg