Can't we get a US server?

• I've been testing Crysis on my dad's internet while I'm here, which is the same speed as the cable I'll be getting soon. But my ping, which was 300-2000 on my internet, is still 200 here. It's so bad that I literally can't hit ANYONE, because my bullets don't reach them server-side until I'm already dead. Crysis is still unplayable with the fast internet I'll be getting because the server is so far away, and I was really looking forward to unlaggy Crysis. If my ping is 200 when I get that cable, I won't be playing because I can't even win against a noob with the damn lag.

• Yes, we can get a game server in the US if you promise to help pay for it. Hell, if you pay $20/month, we can probably even get one right near you in California.

Just curious though, what is your ping in our main OSF server? Mine is in the 120's. 170's for SCANNER and Sniper777. Tioga is around 200. And 100 seems to be the norm for the East Coasters.

• On the west coast with my dad's 1MB/sec upload/download, I'm getting a ping of 200. At all times. (Actually it's always 199, but whatever.) And Tioga is only a few miles away from my dad's apartment building, so that's probably why his ping is so high.

And BTW, trust me, if I was able to pay for the server, I'd be making plenty of donations already. But I don't own a credit card or ATM card or anything and my parents wouldn't pay it for me.

• Why cant we move it from AMS....? sorry i may sound stupid cuz i think i do but considering most of us are in US (right?) we can move it there. Sorry again.

"Knowledge is power and power corrupts, so study hard and be evil."
    "If we do not end wars, wars will end us"

• Alrighty. Take whatever amount of time you need. I'll be playing other online stuff until then.

By the way, I noticed that in other games and so probably also in Crysis, my ping for west coast servers on the speed I'll have on the 24th is like 17-26. That's magical. HUGE improvement over 150-200.

• This is stupid you cant donate with a laser card :evil:

And t bank wont give me a credit card while im a student 8O fuckin pricks
    Cant really blame them though i have a bad credit history :-x

Wardy

• Hmm... Where are Tanky and Wardy? Not in the west coast, I trust... Because I've been doing a lot of work (and receiving birthday gifts) and by next month I'll be in possession of $280. Of course I plan to spend a lot of that on some well-earned stuff like a guitar, but if Tanky is nearby enough...

Nah, that's dumb. If my parents are actually willing to drive me there, they would probably be willing to donate online. I'll try to convince them.

• I like the idea of having a US server. We have to figure out if we can and want to pay for it so I propose we poll these questions.

Tioga is right in noticing the AMS server lags when full. Extra memory did help a bit but not solve it completely so I propose we limit the max num of people to 26. Please do realize that the CoP server also lagged at certain moments in time. This was i think much worse for europeans (im in the netherlands) then for US based clan members.

I help out a good friend sometimes who owns a hosting company. We erected a new company called GamingPeople with the intention of hosting games like crysis but also others. All the donations I received so far go to the account of GamingPeople (50 euro a month). I reveived so far: $75 from ripley $100 from poobar and DMC and $10 from thor. If the donations are not sufficient I need to pitch in by work or payment of the energy bill (hosting companies charge for Amps), which I'm happy to do. So if we go for a US based server we need a US based server-daddy.

Our servers are colocated at the Databarn http://www.datacentrumgids.nl/datacentrum/databarn-1 and http://www.databarn.nl/en/

located here:

http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=nl&geocode=&q=Zekeringstraat+35+Amsterdam&sll=52.469397,5.509644&sspn=5.88423,9.854736&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

Edited once, last by Tanktop (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Thanks for the info, Tanktop.

I will never complain about my ping or any lag in the server, as those who live in Europe did not complain about it for the last year when in the US-based CoP servers. However, I will admit that I would feel more inclined to donate monthly to a US server, as I did to Azenus while in CoP. If there are others willing to help chip in for a US server, please say so. If not, I'm also happy with maintaining the status quo if it in OSF's best interest.

• Yes, I'm not complaining about the server, since I'm not even one of the ones who's doing work to keep it going (although I want to be and can't, but that's not the point), but if my ping keeps being around 200 then I simply can't play on the server, because I'm not even used to 200--I'm used to the 100-150 ping I was getting when I first joined CoP, and with a ping of 200, I can't even do what I always do well at, sniping.

I will try my best at getting a US server going as well as lowering my ping on the Amsterdam server. Hell, with so many west coast gamers, I'm sure all their complaints have led someone to develop some kind of program that lessens the ping on foreign servers. That would also make Counterstrike a lot more playable, as it's the only game where I'm picky about my servers because only like half of them are unmodded, and only half of those have the amount of people I want, and half of THAT is US servers.

And I'm still looking into donating some money. Currently I only have $50. Tomorrow I'm cashing in a check of $100. Then sometime in September I'm getting another $130. But before I see how much I can put into OSF, my friend has a 2nd XBox 360 (why the hell that is I don't know) and is selling it to me for $100, instead of $250. This is awesome as I was planning on getting a 360 anyway. Then I'm going to buy ArmA 2. Then, hopefully, I'll have like $150 or so--quite a massive donation! But whether that $150 goes into the server or something depends on whether my parents are willing to spend $260 on a guitar and amp for Christmas or if I have to pitch in to that. You guys understand, right? SInce for school this year, one of the performances I'm doing involves bar chords, which I can't practice until I either buy a guitar or somehow transform my bass into a 6-string.

But donating money through parents would be a longshot... I can hear them now: "You want to give money to a bunch of strangers who are doing whatever they want with it?"

Through my brother's credit card, he'll just say he doesn't care and he doesn't want to have to pay the credit card bills, even with my money.

Edited once, last by Cadeyrn (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).