Chopper at the Airfield Tonight (0230 UK Time)

• I was wondering who it was of you in the chopper tonight and what happened to the server when you guys crashed? Infact, what made you crash!? Was it us shooting at you because one minute you were in the air the next you were a ball of burning flames falling to the ground and I didnt see any dead messages except my squad mate that you killed and then the server died? I'm new to Arma II so I'm not sure how much it takes to unsettle a chopper but you did have M4 CCO SD's, M249's and an M24 shooting at you. I keep meaning to make a private game and test things out but its alot more fun not really knowing how much it takes and learning as you play.

My guess it was three of you OSF people (NecessaryEvil, Shibby, SCANNER), one pilot, one door gunner and then one you quickly dropped off and covered from the air to come shoot at us? If you didnt drop one off.. Y U NO SHOOT HIM!? As he was so much in the open and so freely moving about my guess is he was one of yours.

Those of us left on the ground rejoined when the server came back up and waited about 20-30minutes to see if you'd come back, we left you a nice message in the form of a marker but it didnt seem to sync so we've decided to call it a night!

We spent about 4 hours tonight running around different hotspots looking for people, supplies and the like on many well populated servers.. and nothing, absolutely nothing. Actually no we heard a gunshot around elektro, searched it out and found nothing.. then headed for the airfield in search of fun and we were just about to leave and find a new server again and then we heard you in the distance.. contemplated firing at you and then thought it was a good idea. I was shaking from the adrenaline and such I love getting into firefights, brings out the old counterstrike competition player in me.. but even that didnt make my heart race, I guess losing all your stuff will do that to you!

I think we were just unlucky tonight on action, kept missing it.

• Bah they seemed organized though, had us pretty pinned in the trees and we couldnt really move outta there as its way too open and the grass draw distance is useless so we'd stick out if we tried to crawl across.

Off the top of my head it was 039 055 I think, around about there. We checked the area out, didnt see or hear the wreck but it was definately down.. then the server went down within about 5minutes, we thought maybe it was you guys trying to roll back the server to get the chopper to spawn again.

You say it was stolen? Was it yours to begin with?

• We found an Mi-17 just sitting outside Elektro, repaired it and have been flying it around for a few days. Sadly I've not been online since Friday evening, so I suspect someone has stolen it by now.

Ah well...

• Quote from "Zero"

We found an Mi-17 just sitting outside Elektro, repaired it and have been flying it around for a few days. Sadly I've not been online since Friday evening, so I suspect someone has stolen it by now.

Ah well...

I',m afraid to say its gone saw it flying last night just before it got shot down.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Gutted! Ah well... we got a few days fun out of it. There was only two of us anyway, so we needed more people to get the most of it. I might join the TS channel next time and try to put a squad together.

• Quote from "Zero"

Gutted! Ah well... we got a few days fun out of it. There was only two of us anyway, so we needed more people to get the most of it. I might join the TS channel next time and try to put a squad together.

Do it there are usually a few of us on, if we are in a private channel just poke us and we will move you.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Quote from "ArboristUK"

Do it there are usually a few of us on, if we are in a private channel just poke us and we will move you.

Brilliant - yeah I'll do that. My friend is "0marshy0". I'll get him to join this forum too. See you in game. :)