NY/NJ Crysis Wars Game Server

• In only a few short days, Robocop's NY/NJ server has seemed to spark a bit of interest in the dwindling Crysis community - BROS has since dropped from 2nd to 3rd place in GameTracker ranking. There's a few things we're doing differently in the new server as compared to our servers in the past. The major changes include a map rotation, (time limit is currently set to 180 minutes) and therefore encouraged use of nukes. Discussion is welcome.

Map Rotation
    Refinery
    Mesa
    Training
    Desolation
    Shore
    Plantation
    Crossroads
    Tarmac

Rules
    Same as before. The last bunker rule was never a rule, but more of a suggestion. Players will not be punished for taking the last bunker, but you may kindly ask (with the use of regular in-game chat) players to not take the last bunker if you so choose.

Modifications
    No minimum player requirement on any vehicle
    Limit of one VTOL per team
    Limit of one of each tank type per team (except for anti-aircraft)
    Limit of 2 AA's per team
    Limit of 2 helis per team
    SCAR+laser included in standard equipment (along with night vision and parachute)
    Pistol removed from standard equipment
    Free pistols
    FGL40 price: 650
    gAY69 price: 100

Like I've said in a previous posting of mine, I think that the two main things that got OSF into a bit of trouble was overly strict rules and abuse of administration privileges. I use the word "privileges" because I think it's best if we think of it as just that - a privilege, not a right. Of course it is ultimately up to you, robocop to decide who should be an admin, if anyone at all. That being said, I do personally still believe all current senior members can be trusted with basic administration privileges for the well-being of the game server and OSF's name as a hacker-kicking environment.

In other words, Allowing our members to kick players who are blatantly cheating is good. Allowing our members to spawn tanks and hunters is bad.

If you'd like to donate directly to GameServers.com, use this link: http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?clani…063fa34de6321b7

GAME ON :P

• Forgot to mention we're hoping that the server's location should be the best possible for European ping while staying within the US. I know Arborist and Roginia have atrocious pings during the afternoon hours in US time (evening in the UK) and robocop has sent a support ticket to gameservers.com to address that issue. Wardy's ping at 100 is an indication that those in the UK should have a decent ping...let us know if there's anyone else other than Arb and Ginia having ping problems certain times of the day and we make a tracert and tell Robo to send it to GameServers.com and hopefully get them to fix it.

• I have gotin' a reply on the tracert ticket which said that they have made a few adjustments server side and that we should see an absolute difference in pings but I'm not so sure. Anyway I've done what i can on my end to fix it(unfortunately they do not describe what they have changed). If ANY one would like to discuss any ideas xfire me at nickname:robocop first name:jeremy last name: bublitz. also the people that have joined the server usually are open to suggestions(exp. last bunker) via in game chat as evil said. i would like to see some more of uk guys and others from out of the us to join so pings can be monitored a bit'. Hope you enjoy! :wink:

NO HACKS BEEYATCHES

• btw, since the last TS update, my sound has been messed up. Sometimes the TS sound makes this awful garbled static noise that is really loud. If possible, I'd rather avoid using it until they update it. Unless there is a setting. I will look into it.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

• I had alot of fun in the server the other day. Theres was some awesome players in there think i was like 15 - 50 but was still really fun.
    I seem to be online alot at the wrong times. If a few people could post what times and GMT they are usually online and gaming at that would be awesome

See yous in game soon XD

Wardy

• I have gotin' a reply on the tracert ticket which said that they have made a few adjustments server side and that we should see an absolute difference in pings but I'm not so sure. Anyway I've done what i can on my end to fix it(unfortunately they do not describe what they have changed). If ANY one would like to discuss any ideas xfire me at nickname:robocop first name:jeremy last name: bublitz. also the people that have joined the server usually are open to suggestions(exp. last bunker) via in game chat as evil said. i would like to see some more of uk guys and others from out of the us to join so pings can be monitored a bit'. Hope you enjoy! :wink:

Well i do not believe it has anything to do with internet traffic at certain times of day, my ping has been a consistent 200 throughout the day, it also does not explain why others from Europe do not have this problem.

I'd like it if Ryan and Teabag or even Yoda could join to see if it maybe has something to do with my internet which is terrible and report back, i personally think it is and explains a lot of the weird happenings I often get during game play at certain times.

Wish my broadband provider would get its arse into gear and give me a decent broadband speed!

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by ArboristUK (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Arborist, are you still having the weird ping? If so, let Robo know so that he can complain to Gameservers.com and hopefully get it fixed.

btw, the server is up to rank 28 :) I don't see any reason for it not to continue climbing. Other than a few cheaters getting banned, we've had good luck so far with players that don't base rape or do anything else requiring us to use any type of admin commands.

BROS, here we come

• Arborist, are you still having the weird ping? If so, let Robo know so that he can complain to Gameservers.com and hopefully get it fixed.

btw, the server is up to rank 28 :) I don't see any reason for it not to continue climbing. Other than a few cheaters getting banned, we've had good luck so far with players that don't base rape or do anything else requiring us to use any type of admin commands.

BROS, here we come

I'd like feed back from others first like Ryan and teabag, when i spoke to Ryan yesterday it looked like his ping was as he'd expect. I find it strange as i've had a few games on XI's mix mod's and maps server without problems. But the OSF and now the XI have become really laggy for me at a certain time. Last weekend after midnight uk time i had a nice ping of 100 and the game was smooth.

To be honest this is when i can see most of my game time on OSF NY late on a friday and saturday night as long as my ping remains respectable at these times then i'm happy enough.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by ArboristUK (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Im not set up to use commands on the NY/NJ server.
    Iv been on it alot last 2 weeks and i have not missed having them i havent had a single reason to use them yet which is great
    Hopefully our server will remain this way theres some very good players playin on it and though im getting my ass kicked its alot of fun

And Arb i think its insane that your ping is so fucked up im gettin like 100-120 and we're only a few hundred miles away from each other like less than 300
    Something is definatly not right. Im runnin 8mb nextgen what you at?

Wardy

• I definitely agree. Despite the large number of admins, nobodies had any reason to use any commands. :) That goes for TS too...how many clans can say that they have all admin members in their server and not have a single instance of abuse (with the exception of holydiver banning grjiun w/o good reason)

keep up the good work everyone