New App to Become an Old School Fighter #45 from tioga

• I'm no grammar nazi...

-1 AKA No

Seems you don't have to call Tits&Acid after all, DMC.

EDIT: After reading Verrater's post for the third time (really detailed and nice, Veratter), I think it's fair to say that my reason is "mature" enough. If you insult another member/guest here, you must change your personality/attitude. I am willing to take my vote back if I see that Tioga has turned over to a new leaf (or whatever it's called).

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

• Sorry Rob, you still cannot vote as an nOSF member. But I will use you as an example to point out the fact that it seems as though the new rules do not seem to have effected you. Even though there are now higher requirements to become an Old School Fighter, you have managed to fight through it. Why have we heard so little from your side of the story? In other words, why have you been so quiet on how the rules have been changed on you during your application? Is it because your modest, or is it because you got in anyways, or is it something else?

• I wish to game with Tioga for a bit and hear him in TS before i go either way, but its looking good
    I believe in second chances especially wen some1 has matured like Tioga says

I vote to indefinitely delete this thread wen its done there is too many negatives in here for the clan

And Sniper dont take been called a dumbass personally by a fellow clan mate, Visk is a funny guy and hes only taking t piss
    Im pretty sure he was just portraying how blown away he is that Tioga got yes votes
    He knows now your offended by it

Tioga down to -9 NICE

Wardy

• Wardy, I would not necessarily say I'm taking this personally, but I think his tactic, by outlining people who did vote "yes" and then putting ridiculous comments is not necessary to get your point across, just cause I may not be offended, doesn't mean others don't feel that way and should not be tolerated. I just happen to express myself more so than someone else might.

We have a good team in here, I enjoy playing with every single one of you, but calling people names whether intentional or not through a forum/thread can be difficult to decipher one's sarcasm, it's about as impersonal as a text message and very subjective.

I like how because of one person's application, (Tioga) in general, we can create so much camaraderie between the clan, this is a good thing, we all want to express our opinions, just shows that our clan is alive and well. I simply would expect we can be fair in this due process to every OSF member and nOSF

-Sniper777

Edited once, last by Sniper777 (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• I meant no real offense by calling people dumbasses. It was meant in jest and as a reference to that 70s show, where one of the character routinely calls everyone else a dumbass. I felt that the wording of my post was such that a sarcastic undertone carried through.

(no offense to my ignorantasses and dumbasses out there.)

(i watched a lot of that 70s show today)

Perhaps my overpowering personality mixed with my americanness make for a difficult translation to some of our newer members whom have known me for only a little while, or perhaps to our foreign members. I will attempt to be more obvious about sarcasm, or even leave it out, but i can make no promises.

I am still a "dead set" no. I do feel that toga is taking steps to change, and i knew before this app that an app was coming. i believe his behavior has changed remarkably. If he was a new member i would be on the fence about him, but would not have voted no. However, being that i still remember mr toga, he would have to go above and beyond what a new member would need to do, in my eyes, to receive my vote, and i just dont see that happening in the near future.

Maybe next month, if i see his behavior continues to improve (as i believe it has been)

I appreciate the effort toga takes to apply, and that he is dealing with all of this shit, from me and other "seasoned" (those that remember the toga days) members.

To me it shows something of a dedication to the clan, but it is still not enough, in my eyes, to vote him back in.

again, i do not believe it is outside of the realm of possibilites for me to vote toga back in, just not now, nor likely this month. I appreciate toga's steps in maturing and that he doesnt bitch to much when i can him toga, but for me, its going to take time, to insure that it is a new toga, and not a facade.

Edited once, last by Bigvisk (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Ok, that's fine. Just keep in mind, Tioga, to not make fun of people like that.

Sorry Rob, you still cannot vote as an nOSF member. But I will use you as an example to point out the fact that it seems as though the new rules do not seem to have effected you. Even though there are now higher requirements to become an Old School Fighter, you have managed to fight through it. Why have we heard so little from your side of the story? In other words, why have you been so quiet on how the rules have been changed on you during your application? Is it because your modest, or is it because you got in anyways, or is it something else?

I have changed a lot since elementary school. I have taken control over my temper, paid attention when my brother uses some type of scripting language or when using adobe programs, improved my grammar and vocabulary. The teachers sometimes look at me weird when I am giving an excuse for forgetting some homework, since I sometimes talk over their heads. I believe in everyone's judgement. If the clan is full or is taking in too many applications at a time, then I see why the rules has changed. If I have to pick an answer, it has to be that I am modest.

Two things I have lost since elementary school: fantasy and short-term memory :lol:

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

Edited once, last by RobtheRobot (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• I've just re-read sniper777's post in which he voted for tioga and have noticed that he referred to him as a semen swallower, so I agree that Visk's reference to tioga's voters being dumbasses is not over the top.

Now that that's cleared up, I'd like to bring up this debate about the rules regarding yes/no votes. This topic is being addressed as black and white by those that have either voted yes or no for tioga. I'd like to ask that everyone tries to think in shades of grey, as this will eventually apply to more than just tioga.

For those of you that have voted yes, can you agree that it is fair for an applicant to be required to receive a considerable amount more yes's than no's in order to join? In other words, does it make sense that we cannot allow someone to join even if they have 10 yes's and 5 no's?

For those of you that have voted no, can you agree that it is unfair to change the rules after an applicant has already submitted their application?

• Hey Evil, I voted "Yes" specifically, for (Tioga). To a point I agree with the verbiage of "considerable amount" but as your example stated (10 yes) votes and (5 No) votes is a considerable amount, matter of fact, 10 is 100% more than 5, that is a "considerable amount." In this instance, the majority wins. Out of 15 votes, 5 are no's 10 are yes, 66% are positive.

Even though I didn't vote "NO" I AGREE that it is unfair to change the rules after an applicant has already submitted their application as it pertains to that application. Rules can always change, but not to a pending application. That person applied when the rules were one instance...they are not applying to the rules that are changing.

Evil, create a poll with those 2 questions directly and let's just see how it all plays out?

-Sniper777

• Well, it was a rhetorical question. Of course it's unfair for someone to join if they have equal amount of yes's and no's (or even almost as many no's as yes's). And of course it's not fair to mention the fact that no's take away from yes's after someone has already applied.

There's no point in arguing about policy here. Instead, why don't we focus on making sure that tioga is truly improving so that he may eventually earn his way in (like RobtheRobot has just done).

• Oh no worries, definitely not arguing, this is a discussion about policy, plain and simple. Instead of writing rhetorical questions (which isn't doing anyone, any good) ...let's do just that...and focus on Tioga's improvements, I'd like to see him as a member once again.

• For those of you that have voted no, can you agree that it is unfair to change the rules after an applicant has already submitted their application?

Errr.sorry not when its Tioga.

We've had only a few douches in CoP/OSF that stick above the crowd.

Rod,Holly,Sprafe,Oval,Cad,Arson,Tioga,ect,

So if peeps like Tioga want to rejoin..their gonna have to jump through more hoops then others...hence the timing of the rule change

"Aspire to Inspire before you expire." "life.............is a state of mind."

Edited once, last by DMC_RULEZ (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• " If the clan is full or is taking in too many applications at a time, then I see why the rules has changed."

Its either the rules have changed, or the rule has changed, but not the rules has changed.

• For those of you that have voted yes, can you agree that it is fair for an applicant to be required to receive a considerable amount more yes's than no's in order to join? In other words, does it make sense that we cannot allow someone to join even if they have 10 yes's and 5 no's?

You only need 2/3 of congress to override the presidents veto, but you need more to get in as a trial member. 8O

I'm such an ass. :P

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• i think this thread should be closed.

i am not TOTALLY against togas RE joining OSF.

I have noticed, prior to his app, that he was being more mature (though his stupid text messaging in TS3 was annoying, but he was not a total pain in the ass.

I feel, however, that his app is premature. I can tell that he is growing somewhat, and that potentially he will become a person i no longer loathe to hear on TS. but he is not there yet, and i feel for a great many more members, he is not there yet either.

I am almost certain that toga will not be allowed in completely on this app (maybe on a nosf tag, but not a full member for a while) because I and many more people just do not feel he has changed enough to warrant allowing him back in.

toga, i can see you are in the process of maturing a bit, and im certain that in time, you could reach a point where i would vote for you.