• I'm pretty sure the OSF veterans (the ones that were part of CoP) have debated this already. Nevertheless, I find that putting a clay limit would help a lot. After all, I've found that some (but not all) people just clay up a specif area (such as proto) and camp there forever which is quite annoying. Putting a clay limit (for example: 5 clays max [or some other amount]) will probably reduce this a lot. So what do you guys think?

P.S. For some reason, I have a feeling that a lot of people will disagree :D

MistaD

• ya bro, the idea of claying up the proto and just sitting there was started by us lmfaooo my n evil would just sit in the proto and plant literally dozens of clays all over it and just wait for a boom lmfaooo ur nt gonna get a limit haha

"12 isnt divisible by 4...." -NecessaryEvil (Dumbass =P)
    "i aint got no link nigga" -NecessaryEvil (RACIST!!)
    "i got a GF in every state" -Gamp(MORMON Polygamists!!!)

"I dont like having sexual intercourse, I just like knowing that my genitals can pass easily through yours" -Arson633

• I find it annoying when someone gets a boom boom tank and drives upto a bunker and fires through window slit repeatedly :lol: or speed modes through the bunker dropping a grenades. I hate people that cloak camp (apperently i do this a lot) air whores and countless other annoying styles of play.
    Lots of things are annoying about Crysis wars, all in all i think the play on the server is good and well balanced, your on the server often MistaD and i'm sure you will know when a certain player will be on who camps the proto and clays it to the roof, work your way round this challenge this is what makes the game intresting for me, admittedly highly frustrating at times.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• Actually, I would now prefer having occasional "claymore weeks" like we used to back in the CoP days, as I also have grown quite tired of joining the server only to get blown up time and time again by an AFK player who has spent the last 45 minutes harvesting Mesa for possible claymore and mine positions. I love having unlimited mines, but turning OSF MESA into the 24/7 mine server was not only a mistake on my part, but it was quite selfish, as I never made any type of official poll asking what others thought (I suppose I had just assumed everyone was for the idea).

And yes, I am one of those people who has planted clays and then left for dinner while hiding in my base like a douche bag. This was an unintended side effect of allowing unlimited mines. Unfortunately, I am not the type of server administrator who can figure out how to program the server to make mines progressively more expensive as you buy more.

• 24 or a waste of money, haha, theres at most 4 entrances to any building (and the only one with four is proto).

you can still get plenty of kills, and protect your blind side with 4/6 clays. sure you cant mine up the whole map, but if youre alive long enough to lay 24 clays either the other teams not very good (and you can shoot them) or you are whoring up the proto.

• I put loads of clays in proto if my team are noobs or i am the only one in the area of proto! normally only have 2-8 but when i am the only one it can reach as high as 2 or 3 dozen! but its not normal for me to be alive that long or have the prestige to do that!

• I agree with Evil knowing that I once was one of those who voted for the unlimited clay and mine mod. Two clays is not enough but 6 or maybe 8 may be sufficient and a "claymore week" or a happy hour more often could be attractive

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• I find it annoying when someone gets a boom boom tank and drives up to a bunker and fires through window slit repeatedly :lol: or speed modes through the bunker dropping a grenades.

Hmmm...The guy with the boom boom tank...ah, I don't think I've ever had the pleasure to play with him...lol
    As far as the speed-mode-grenade-guy goes, I have no idea =/
    Sorry tree-man, you lost me on that one. :lol:

But yes, I'd advocate favorably on a clay limit with occasional clay weeks.

-3CELL

itqqb07o5s6ekrij24r.jpg

Edited once, last by 3CELL (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• I find it annoying when someone gets a boom boom tank and drives upto a bunker and fires through window slit repeatedly :lol:

touché treeman, :lol: I spent like 5 minutes laughing at myself after I read that!

Yea, Evil, claymore weeks sounds like a great idea. Also, I like your poll idea thing. You mind making the poll (I have no idea how to do it)?

MistaD

Edited once, last by MistaD (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).