• I guess I am posting in the right place... Anyway

Does anyone have some nice applets for the G15? Please specify if it is specifically for G15 Refresh or G15 Gaming keyboard (the one with blue light).

I can start with a must:

SirReal's multifunctional applet

If you don't have it... GET IT! It can even show TeamSpeak information. I must warn you though, after a while a nag screen will come up at the mini-CPU bar (not the big one, so it still shows CPU information.) that says -click. If you click it, it shows how long it has been running and tell you to please donate. If you get the older version then you won't get a nag screen but maybe some other limitations (I haven't tried the old one, since the nag screen doesn't bother me.) If you want the nag screen to go away but don't want to use the old version, try restarting the applet.

Should be a straight forward install (Actually, there are no install. Just put it anywhere you want and run it, though I putted it in the logitech gamepanel folder.) PM me for help if you don't understand.

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

Edited once, last by RobtheRobot (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Yeah I know, but it can be nice to see how much prestige you have when you are dead or how much more kills or take-overs you need to reach next rank (press the switch applet button to switch to an in-built Crysis Wars applet. And the SirReal's applet is great to see how much of the CPU is in use and who is talking on Teamspeak or maybe mute your mic.

I heard there is also a clipboard app named Clippy for those who are interested. It can show what you have copied and even lets you edit the text from within the LCD screen (I think).
    If you are running Xfire just press the switch applet button to see what people say to you (you can't reply).

Hope this changed your view at G15 applets. :)

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

• Having never used a so-called "gaming keyboard", I cannot begin to understand the necessity for one. So what exactly is the deal with them? They glow? They show your cpu usage and gpu temps while playing? Is it worth $100 to "see how much prestige you have when you are dead"?

I suppose it would be great to use it for quickly typing admin commands, but I try not to use them very much anyways.

My cousin uses one and I can say that it has a very nice clock on it. Too bad that's all he seems to use it for.

I would be sold on a gaming keyboard if it were possible to use it to do things like take off/put on a laser in Crysis, but from what I am told, this is not possible using any gaming keyboard.

So is it true? For $100, it isn't possible to somehow setup a quick laser on/off key?

• You CAN make a laser on off key. Need 2 keys though:

After what I understand, when you customize your gun, a circle with a number shows up near the customizable parts of the gun (only when you have a customizable part with you).
    inset3_08_0111_crysis.jpg

as you can see the option for flashlight/laser has the number 2. When you press C and 2 it should automatically remove/add/change the add-on. Example:

You have the laser on but you want it off. You press C and 2. Some time later you want it on for some precision shooting. You press C and 2, but suddenly the flashlight pops up. This is because the flashlight is before the laser in the list. You can still make a macro for that, though. When no attachment on, use C, 2, 2 to switch to laser. Therefore the macro should be like this:

MR + G# + C + 2

^ Take off laser macro

MR + G# + C + 2 + 2

I think that is what you need. Somebody please try it and correct me if I am wrong.

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

• yes I did not buy it b/c of that display.
    I use the programmable keys a lot for suit modes, laser on/off (recorded macro), some commands (Pointer programmed the !lock command).
    Also the design is more robust. When you get mad and slam it, it will not break :lol:

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• no no. It is just 1 key!
    You can record a macro and assign it to this key. I think the laser on/off macro was C-2-C but I would have to look it up to be sure. The thing is just that the laser will not go on/off instantly but u will see the weapon attachment screen as you would see it when doing the procedure manually. It will not save time it is just more convenient

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• real gaming keyboards arent about the flashy lights and hundreds of buttons but more like the response time between when u push the key and somthing happens and the way the keys are pushed and how many can be pushed at the same time without one of them not working, same with a mouse.. u can have crazy sensitivity with any mouse but its how fast the mouse responds thats the difference and the way the mouse clicks.

"12 isnt divisible by 4...." -NecessaryEvil (Dumbass =P)
    "i aint got no link nigga" -NecessaryEvil (RACIST!!)
    "i got a GF in every state" -Gamp(MORMON Polygamists!!!)

"I dont like having sexual intercourse, I just like knowing that my genitals can pass easily through yours" -Arson633

• holy frickin shit, arson said something intelligent. mark the friggin day.

Holy fricken shit indeed. Arson, that was amazing....I mean for you...that was amazing! I don't know where he's been, but it has done good things to him.

After that post, the G15 scored a point for me.

• Yes, Ripley is right. The laser add-on is in fact before the flashlight. This makes the whole Quick Macro different.

Quick Macro for putting on laser:

MR + G# + C + 2. Change the # with a number from 1-6 and press the corresponding G key to execute the command.

Quick macro for taking off laser:

MR + G# + C + 2 + 2. Change the # with a number from 1-6 and press the corresponding G key to execute the command.

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

• With keys that are beginning to stick, I find myself looking for a new keyboard; preferably one that is able to register more than 3 key depressions simultaneously. While I cannot find any specific mention of this on the specifications page of any keyboard websites, it seems to me that I can expect to find this feature prevalent in any gaming keyboard like the G15 although it is no longer marketed as a "gaming" keyboard. I'm not interested in fancy lights and tv screens on my keyboard -just the ability to press more than 3 keys at a time. I'm sure that Microsoft and Razer both offer that as well in their gaming boards, but there arises the issue of the price being driven up by the extra bells and whistles.

Quite simply my question is, does anyone know of a cheap keyboard that lets you press more than 3 keys at a time?

• I have the perfect item for you, young sir!

THE OLD NEW LOGITECH G11 KEYBOARD (based on the old G15 gaming keyboard). THIS KEYBOARD HAS ABOUT 16 MACRO BUTTONS AND 3 PROFILES MAKING A WHOOPING 16x3=54 PROGRAMMABLE KEYS! YOU CAN EVEN USE THE KEYBOARDS QUICK MACRO FEATURE TO MAKE MACROS ON THE FLY! WITH BACK LIGHTING, PLAYING IN THE DARK GOT EVEN EASIER! YOU CAN ALSO DISABLE THE WINDOWS KEY TO HINDER YOU FROM EXITING THE GAME IF YOU ACCIDENTAL PRESS THE WINDOWS KEY!

ORDER NOW AT EBAY OR SOME OTHER SITE THAT WILL PROBABLY RIP YOU OFF YOUR MONEY!

(The G11 does not have a LCD screen, but it has the media keys and volume knob from the old G15 gaming keyboard.)

(Also, Logitech made a new G15 keyboard, called the G15 Refresh or Logitech G15 keyboard(without gaming in it's name), because the old G15 had a bit too many G macro buttons. The new one has 6 G keys and has orange back lighting that is easier to see. Also, the display has been changed. Search google for "G15 refresh vs. G15" or something and you will get a review on the differences.)

You could also try and look for the Logitech G13. It has macro buttons, display, a small thumb stick and media controls (I think).

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

• Young sir? I'm older than you, boy! :P

V - let me know what you think about the new keyboard if it came yet, as I've never used any fancy peripherals like a laser mouse or programmable keyboard. I know your a very good player and would like hear from you as to whether or not you feel it helps in terms of Crysis game play in particular.

Unfortunately, I can't take many others at their word (too many people claim that their peripherals are the best just because it happens to be the one that they use and they haven't even tried any others to compare it to).