Shattered Horizon & S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 3

• Looks really good..ya can buy it from Steam for $20 (maybe a bit less for you US guys)

Shattered Horizon

http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/

shattered_horizon_ss_09.jpg

And Ripley told me this is good!...he said he couldn't put it down :)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 3: Call of Pripyat

http://cop.stalker-game.com/?page=game

Stalker_Call_of_Pripyat_3.jpg

"Aspire to Inspire before you expire." "life.............is a state of mind."

Edited once, last by DMC_RULEZ (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• yer fukd.

"12 isnt divisible by 4...." -NecessaryEvil (Dumbass =P)
    "i aint got no link nigga" -NecessaryEvil (RACIST!!)
    "i got a GF in every state" -Gamp(MORMON Polygamists!!!)

"I dont like having sexual intercourse, I just like knowing that my genitals can pass easily through yours" -Arson633

• I have played to the first STALKER game, Shadow of Chernobyl, and it felt overwhelming, like HUGE areas to explore and very easy to die and damn hard to kill enemies from a distance with a rifle. dialogues were long and pretty boring and there was a lot to walk back and forth through maps.

• That was Stalker 1......2 was a bit better.....but i'm hoping they have learned from their mistakes and 3 will be better...

• yes that were the bad sides of STALKER 1. They learned from it because in Call of Pripyat you have "only" three maps/places/levels but the distances are not that long. And you can mod your rilfles to shoot better. Dialogues are still there but not in an annoying way. I think they concentrated on the strength of the series now.
    Critics would say the story is to linear b/c you cannot decide what group (freedom, bandits etc) you want to follow but who cares.

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Futuremark is releasing 3 new maps soon. everything is gonna be free download because they knew they released a fairly incomplete game. There still working on features guns and maps for Shattered Horizons

• I've only played Shattered Horizon for one day so far (thanks to Tioga's guest pass :D ) but so far I can say that SH is fun and totally unique.

The no-grav thrusters allow you to roll, which makes for a battle zone unlike any other. The battle isn't just around you like it is in a regular FPS, it's above and below you as well. In order to sneak up to someone and rip their spacesuit open with your bayonet, you don't have to come from only behind - it's equally as awesome to float down on the enemy from over their head. The physics are quite good, and the "silent-running" mode is just that - it shuts off your suit's lights and keeps you off enemy radar. Not only that, but it disables the suit's "simulated sound", which truly makes you feel like you're playing as a real astronaut - albeit some type of bad ass astronaut with an assault rifle and an handful of cool grenades. The maps and their environment are fairly stunning. Game play is smooth and enjoyable even on my lower-end machine running low graphics.

Unfortunately, the game does seem a bit dull at times, as there are no customizable options in terms of kits/classes, weapons, and weapon attachments. Also, there is a moderate learning curve. You cannot jump into it like you could with Counter-Strike. For the first hour, I found myself constantly disoriented and totally confused as to where lead is flying at me from (Ok, that's still a problem). Overall, it is easier to pick up than Crysis in my opinion. For $20 you can't really go wrong, even if you do eventually grow bored of the same gun after only a few months.

Oh, and did I mention that I haven't come across any bugs and that the lag is minimal in terms of in-game warping regardless of ping?

Tioga, if you find yourself with a spare pass, please consider giving it out to someone here who shows some interest in SH (as there were several in TS last night who were contemplating buying it).

• as my youtube vids thread has been deleated....dont ask why?

heres some new stuff

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by DMC_RULEZ (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• lol......toga........... yea SH seems like a good game... but im working on getting games for my DSi first..... which came to me as a complete surprise............ and btw I will be out of town for a month starting december 28th......... so just ahead of time.(going to grammy........... ill be off the grid cuz of no internet :(

"Knowledge is power and power corrupts, so study hard and be evil."
    "If we do not end wars, wars will end us"