Posts by Slacker101

Quote from "icomrade";p="11983"

While the panel MAY be from an older cinema display, cheaping out on the other parts of the monitor is not such a great idea. Also considering that the warranty is probably crap, if it even exists. instead of buying a cheap nock-off I'd suggest waiting a while until you can afford the real one.

I fully understand all the risks and implications and have looked into it fully. I'm fairly sure it's the same panel as the current cinema just probably not up to their standards since the A- have a higher probability of being flawed and that is what they currently use in the displays. There is a warranty but it's not worth using. 1k for a monitor is a tad impractical.

Or if you're on a terrible budget and a bit of a gambler (like me) you could go with one of the various lower end Korean IPS. They used the 27 inch LG A- panel that the apple cinema uses for about 400 bucks (US) delivered (to the US) not sure what it would be for you. While it is the same panel it's very low end only supports one DVI dual link input and has a wheel to adjust brightness. Also keep in mind that the top 20% - 40% of the panels go to apple and the rest are basically randomly distributed to the off brand companies. Out of the people who have reported buying them 6% were dissatisfied and had flawed displays whether it was a couple dead pixels or back light issues, or anything else that could go wrong. Personally considering doing this myself. I can't afford an apple cinema display or the ultra sharp 27inch. It's an interesting option.

The one I like is shimian there is a model of it with tempered glass and the stand is removable.

An alternative is the catleap which has a shaky stand and apparently the only way to remove said stand is to open it up.

Both have the standard vesa mounting holes.

So you needed donations from people to keep the server going and then the next month bought a BFBC2 server... and now you are taking it with you since you are quitting but my guess is Chachi and others paid more then you did... also on top of that you said you got a $2000 computer, nice one.

So you needed donations from people to keep the server going and then the next month bought a BFBC2 server... and now you are taking it with you since you are quitting but my guess is Chachi and others paid more then you did... also on top of that you said you got a $2000 computer, nice one.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So much win.

Are we going to be able to transfer the server to crysis 2 no matter what plan you go with? I assume so but it is also something to think about. I would donate but I don't have a paypal and I am unemployed at the moment. Job market is fail in Ohio.

I don't own my own car unfortunately and hell would have freeze over twice before my parents would buy me one but I like driving my dad's 2001 Lincoln Continental. At first I was bummed out and thought it was an old man's car since well, older people seem to drive either a Lincoln or a Buick. I honestly have learned to love it with a 4.6 liter v8 and overhead cam, about 300 horsepower >.>. Plus it has an in dash LED display for trip logging, mpg, and other semi-useless but fun features. My favorite part is the optional sound system he has in it. Anyway his pride and joy, although he stacks boxes on it from time to time which I don't understand, is his Porsche 944 turbo. I'm not allowed to drive it, which is why he hasn't taught me to drive stick :O. Here is a picture of one, not his since his is all dusty and its midnight so I'm lazy. Same color and it has the pop out roof panel. 0310_01z+1986_porsche_944_turbo_coupe+front_right.jpg
    He used to own a 67 Firebird 400 but he sold it to his brother who trashed it. He also had a 1958 mga twin cam that he rebuilt from parts. He sold that when his first wife wanted a family car.

yeah we saw you connecting the day before but you were gone pretty fast...

In terms of scrims: I am sorry but I was not able to join the last Saturdays due to other stuff (friends wedding etc.) and I may not even make it today.

Life comes first no problem. It was just odd how the one a few weeks ago had almost 20 people and then it goes to none lol