OSF Tags and Platoon members

• Been trying to boost the popularity of the server in BF4 and recently friends i have been playing with in BC2, BF3 and now BF4 have requested to join the platoon. Now on accepting them they are automatically given OSF tags, most such as PumbaaSWE and his friends quickly switched back to their own tags. So have the TnT guys and TCI guys.

TCI Dezibel made a good point on our platoon feed, that having the OSF platoon set as active (main platoon they have allegiance to) help to give that platoon a Stats boost when we play together and most of these guys often help populate the server or sqaud up with us in other servers and occasionally join TS.

So the point of this topic is, do we allow them to use our OSF tags when playing in our platoon to help boost the platoon statistics and populate our server?

As it stands there are some guys I will kick for using our tags as they rarely play with us as a group or join our TS and in my opinion this means they have no right to use our tags, as for the others like Pumbaa and Dezi and Pointers friend?relation? Daywalker I am personally happy to make and exception in BF4 for them to have tags for platoon play.

What are others thoughts on this?

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• i have no problem with it if its just to gain points faster/help server popularity. of course its not true membership unless they're voted in, so no voting rights or anything else that goes with being a true member.

btw, it must be working because i see the server is full at the moment

ea3tz7bk4yctbvlst7f.png
    [04:27] CloWn: we are pistol team. lol

• There's really no good reason against it. As long as they're in TS and they play with us, it's all good.

"Knowledge is power and power corrupts, so study hard and be evil."
    "If we do not end wars, wars will end us"

• Sorry but that is a clear no from me on this one. We all agreed on our voting system for applicants to join OSF and I remember quiet a few guys being really proud once they got enough votes. Being able to wear the OSF tags in any game is some kind of privilege as a return.
    Thats why I find it unfair towards a core member when some random guy joins our friends-n-members BF4 platoon who gets the tags "for free". Also, I cannot see any link between populating our server and being part of a platoon or wearing tags.

...and who cares about boosting platoon statistics... maybe some esl guys

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Quote from "Ripley"

Sorry but that is a clear no from me on this one. We all agreed on our voting system for applicants to join OSF and I remember quiet a few guys being really proud once they got enough votes. Being able to wear the OSF tags in any game is some kind of privilege as a return.
    Thats why I find it unfair towards a core member when some random guy joins our friends-n-members BF4 platoon who gets the tags "for free". Also, I cannot see any link between populating our server and being part of a platoon or wearing tags.

Thanks for your input Ripley, and yes I know exactly where you are coming from, I wear my OSF tags with pride.
    Now we have the voting system and I like to think that it what true OSF members want to achieve and be a part of the community, those that play in the platoon does it really matter? I am torn myself and that is why I started this topic to judge others opinions.
    I have known a lot of the new platoon friends a long time particularly PumbaaSWE, and i think those that play with him and are in TS with him know he is an all round nice guy, as are many of the other players and are only accepted into the platoon because they are people who i believe represent the core values of our community.

At the end of the day, if its not a united decision then no one can use the tags, those using the clan tags will be kicked, which at the moment are only members who are not actively playing with us and will be kicked anyway.

Tryton on life

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• im not talking about pumba. If he´d apply he became all necessary votes. It´s the possible douchebag nobody knows good enough joining our platoon (which seems to happen quiet fast recently) and playing Fedor-like in the name of osf :sick::grin:

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Quote from "Ripley"

What is the point to have a platoon if we do not have active members joining? I'm one of the active clan members that cares about boosting platoon statistics and I am sure that I'm not the only one. If I do not have enough =OSF= active members to do this will be nice to accept our friends help.

I would like to mention again that our old crysis wars, bc2, bf3 friends are already members of different clan's and they have them own tag's.

08294431446939330594.png

• Quote from "Ripley"

im not talking about pumba. If he´d apply he became all necessary votes. It´s the possible douchebag nobody knows good enough joining our platoon (which seems to happen quiet fast recently) and playing Fedor-like in the name of osf :sick::grin:

This will not happen, members like that will be kicked.

08294431446939330594.png

• It seems i cannot kick members only recruit them! :eh:

So Rip can you kick both Sharkname and TheAngrySoldier.

Tryton on life

• I think platoon should be able to join for friends OSF members which are joining ts its just a platoonthats gona make OSF more popular and we will get some points in platoon to get points we have to take 5 players in one game its hard to do that coz not many members playing this its like dmc,ryan,ginia,arborist and me so thats only 5 active players.

signature1oc.jpg

• Quote from "tryton"

I think platoon should be able to join for friends OSF members which are joining ts its just a platoonthats gona make OSF more popular and we will get some points in platoon to get points we have to take 5 players in one game its hard to do that coz not many members playing this its like dmc,ryan,ginia,arborist and me so thats only 5 active players.

That was the idea, to make OSF more popular..... We started a new platoon, for OSF and friends named TLJ and will see how that goes.

We only need 2 active players in game now to boost the platoon score, I am not worried about having great stats for the platoon just active players who enjoy playing as a group together. If I was worried about stats i'd play games that I know I can win and dominate, personally I like a challenge and do not care about my kdr.

Tryton on life