Admin Ban FR16. Plz reconsider

• Bonjour,

I've been playing on FR16 with a friend for the past 2 weeks. We really like the tight adminning and time/restart times so that it is daylight most time when we play. Yesterday I got killed a few times in Cherno. I tried looking for a less crowded server so that I could find supplies without getting shot. It was a German server where I found some crates which contained loot including a G36 camo and soldier clothing.All exited about the find, I picked up some stuff but dropped it a minute later considering it could be hacked loot. Somehow I still had G36 ammo in my backpack. When my friend was online, and I tried logging in FR16 I got the message I was kicked due to AddMagazineCargo Restriction #17? When I tried logging in today I noticed I had an admin ban. :(

While I appreciate the tight adminning to keep out hackers and scripters, I hope you want to reconsider this ban because code wise, I never got any further then the command line in windows or DOS. I never used any code or script in Dayz other then changing my face. :) Yes i know you don't have to unban me since there are lot's of other servers to play on.. but I hope you want to reconsider and not blaming players who can't see hacked loot from regular loot when they pick it up. I dropped the loot which could be hacked so no I have no intentions to cheat or profit from them. Cheers.

Playername Jarl-X4
    GUID last 6 digits C908C0

• I saw you continuously joining then getting kicked for addmagazinerestrictioncargo restriction now we've had problems recently where anti cheat only kicks and does not ban then the player after finally succeeding to get in without getting kicked has gone on to do something malicious.

I think I mentioned about banning you as it looked like you was trying to execute something so if what you say is true it'll be over turned we'll just have to wait for icomrade to review the logs.

Sorry for the inconvenience and understanding if the ban was not required.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• Quote from "ArboristUK"

I saw you continuously joining then getting kicked for addmagazinerestrictioncargo restriction now we've had problems recently where anti cheat only kicks and does not ban then the player after finally succeeding to get in without getting kicked has gone on to do something malicious.

I think I mentioned about banning you as it looked like you was trying to execute something so if what you say is true it'll be over turned we'll just have to wait for icomrade to review the logs.

Sorry for the inconvenience and understanding if the ban was not required.

As you said Arb there is no auto ban for these new filters/logs, so we must review them manually (unless you just banned them solely off of the kick message which is okay for this log). You should know that, since I have access to pretty much every bit of info of your player (it is logged on connection), I can see your inventory when you connected and you did not have any G36 ammo or a weapon at all when you were kicked; enjoy the ban.

Also the Anticheat (BE) is only designed to kick, not ban automatically, it is by design so there is no "problem" here. However, the autoban program we use has not been updated in a while so new logs are not scanned, this is not anticheat just a log scanner.

I saw you continuously joining then getting kicked for addmagazinerestrictioncargo restriction

Yeah I tried to log in several times. First I thought it was an error of some kind. After the second kick I logged in another server, found out about the ammo and dropped it, retried again without success. (I'm sure timestamps will verify this) So I can't really tell for sure if the G36 ammo was the problem at all because I was banned before getting back in. I thought the soldier clothing could've been the problem too but I have no idea how your filters work.

I can see your inventory when you connected and you did not have any G36 ammo or a weapon at all when you were kicked; enjoy the ban.

I do know for a fact that I had G36 ammo on me when beeing kicked for the first and second time. So there must be a mistake when you checked the logs. Maybe you are looking at the wrong time? I was kicked around 22:43 CET on december 16th. I also found several weapons on the German server before coming back to FR. I read a few posts about your logs before posting my appeal. Why would I go through all the trouble registering here and lying my ass off knowing, you could check everything in the logs? So there must be some mistake here. If it's true that you can see what you say, you will find this in your logs. I know I could move on and play on other servers; but beeing called a cheater (and now a liar) when I'm not kinda stings with my sense of justice.

In my defense; I was kicked upon connecting (Arborist confirms this) and you accuse me of running a script? Does that even work that way in Arma? Don't I have to be on-line and playing before running a script? I have no knowledge of this but it makes sense to me that I have to be on-line to do so. If I had no weapons when logging in, what else could have tricked the kick? Arborist also confirms the AddMagazineCargo Restriction #17 message. Can you tell me what it means? Plz reply to my questions.

Edit: I even have a screen-shot dated 16-12-12 22:43 CET with the kick message if needed. It also has the message "Requesting character data from server" in the background which kinda proves that I wasn't ingame when kicked by your program.

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• A. I did not call you a scripter, or hacker for that matter, I simply said that you did not connect with G36 ammo. However, the log in which I looked (publicvariable.log) logs player connects and saves, inventory, etc.

B. The problem is that when your character logged in the publicvariable.log looks to have gotten cut off, probably because you were kicked, so G36 ammo was not logged.

Upon checking the Hive log (I cannot do this when the server is populated because it causes desync since it is so large), which is logged before kicks upon login, I see the G36 mag in your inventory. Also, as far as I know you do not need to be logged in to run certain scripts, it's possible for people to run them on this server but it is difficult since they would need a full scripts bypass.

You have been unbanned. Please note that I have no way of knowing how you obtained the mags if you got them from another server, in other words, if you continue to connect with illegal gear you will be banned.

• I am sorry Jarl it was me that said we should ban you, i'm not experienced at admin in DayZ and recently scripters/cheaters have been causing problems thankfully with icomrades work things have gotten to a playable level again.

I will from now on record names of players getting repeatedly kicked and pass them on to icomrade for individual assesment if this proves practical, although doesn't help me when playing in my timezone.

I hope you continue to join our server as legit player not using scripts and can see that we try to be fair.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

• Quote from "icomrade"

You have been unbanned. Please note that I have no way of knowing how you obtained the mags if you got them from another server, in other words, if you continue to connect with illegal gear you will be banned.

Thanks and understood. I won't be hopping servers anymore from now on so that shouldn't be a problem.

I hope you continue to join our server as legit player not using scripts and can see that we try to be fair.

Thx for your response. I appreciate it and will do the same. Cheers.

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Quote from "ArboristUK"

I am sorry Jarl it was me that said we should ban you, i'm not experienced at admin in DayZ and recently scripters/cheaters have been causing problems thankfully with icomrades work things have gotten to a playable level again.

I will from now on record names of players getting repeatedly kicked and pass them on to icomrade for individual assesment if this proves practical, although doesn't help me when playing in my timezone.

I'd rather you ban for addmagazinecargo restrictions, setpos restrictions, remotecontrol (a new one) restrictions, and attach to restrictions. The only one that will yield a legit player being banned is addmagazinecargo; However, the amount of players that spawn weapons and ammo that are caught by that log are far greater than the amount of legit players with illegitimate gear. It is simply too great of a task to review every ban from that file as assessing a player's inventory using the hive log takes a lot of time and the addmagazinecargo bans range from 5-15 a day. All other logs do not yield false positives.

Just a suggestion you may denote in the ban reason that the ban is uncertain and requires review by adding (review) to the end of the reason.