• - Sandybridge Core i7 2600k
    - ASUS Saberthooth Motherboard
    - 8Gb 1600mhz memory
    - Two WD Blue 1TB hard drives in RAID1
    - NZXT Hades case (the crysis case)
    - Antec Truepower New 750 watt PSU
    - Twin Turbo's
    - Lots of ammo

So I built this new rig and it's fast and all. The i7 2600k Sandybridge is worth the money. Other computers just seem too slow now, except my work computer. Everything is instant, and the only game I cannot play constantly on MAXIMUM SETTINGS is Metro2033.

I will post pictures when everything is in the case. The case I bought from Xoxide.com, which ships directly from the NZXT warehouse. It was missing accessories and parts, so I used another case that was laying around.

Also, the triple radiator and water cooling system will not be installed until I get a new water block.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

• Project Nanosuit

Nano-Muscle Suits (Nanosuits) are powerful, technologically advanced, and extremely versatile battle armor. This is permitted through the suit's ability to adapt and absorb energy in various forms from heat, solar, electrical, carbon and radiation. In addition, the suit's CryFibril (artificial muscle) can be programmed for a variety of purposes (such as hardening, muscle augmentation, or invisibility), leading to drastically enhanced combat and physical performance, and allowing the operator to execute super-human feats. These suits are the most technologically advanced piece of equipment within human hands by the year 2020; they are capable of even rivaling Alien technology.

http://crysis.wikia.com/wiki/Crynet_Nanosuit
    612px-Crynet_nanosuit.jpg

Basically, I have initiated a computer build utilizing the newest generation Intel Sandybridge processor, the Core i7 2600K. After I implant the processor into the ASUS Sabertooth motherboard, I will secure the assembly in the latest body armor suit from Xoxide.com.

nzxt_hades_case.jpg

ASUS-SABERTOOTH-P67-LGA-1155-ATX-Motherboard.jpg

Project: Nanosuit will be fully outfitted with the appropriate gear for the job.

2x4Gb (8Gb total)
    ripjawsx_glam.jpg

RAID1 will mirror data at maximum speed using 1Tb WD Blue's.
    WDC-Caviar-Blue.jpg

Professionally controlled with the latest version operating system.

32-116-992-03.jpg

*edit*
    Looks like our forum BB code cannot process the $ (dollar character) inside an image link.

Edited once, last by B-e-t-a (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Yes, I'd like to use some higher-level RAID, but cannot seem to justify the price. So far the HDD's are like $60 each, with two that's $120. For $120 I could buy a 120Gb SSD or something maybe. Then stick that on the Marvel or Intel 6Gbps SATA. So many choices with this motherboard.

Did I mention the problems I had with this case? I ordered it from http://www.xoxide.com and they drop shipped it directly from NZXT. What I received was missing the following:
    - stand off screws
    - three 3.5" to 5.25" HDD caddies
    - hardware
    - something else...

I contacted Xoxide and they contacted NZXT. Supposedly NZXT "will ship my shit out after it has processed". I paid a lot for this case and NZXT failed me. They are replacing the missing parts, but cannot replace the downtime.

I already have the new rig set up in an old case, all cooled by air. The new case is prepped and the water cooling and fan stuff is all mocked up and ready. Except the water block. That must wait for funds. Maybe the XSPC Rasa block will be my choice. Fits the budget well.

• Water Testing

watertest3.jpg

Testing the radiator and pump for leaks. So far so good. FYI, I used a Mityvac to fill the system.

mityvac_brakebleeder2_MD.jpg

I think the XSPC Rasa is probably the CPU block to use for this Nanosuit.

Additional Comment:

Red - Maximum Strength

Using some scrap 1/2" bullet-resistant Lexan sheet, I made two light bars using 8 red LED's.

red2.jpg

red1.jpg

red3.jpg

red6.jpg

The three red temperature sensor read outs will be monitoring the motherboard temps closely. Accurate information will be displayed in real time, and in red.

Parfecto!

• Cocain-energy-xspc-frozencpu-swordsswords.jpg

Nano-suit-water-cool-nzxt-xspc-frozen-cpu-swordsswords.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pictures with all wiring and water tubing featured.