• Update: 2/25/2011

I made the very first modification to the website. The grey area on the right side is now gone. Much cleaner now. Still, it needs work and I now see the image has lighter lines in it. Looks like some graphics work should be done next.

But first, since this is the first change on this site in years, lets wait and see how it works out. Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions. Suggestions are very important for improvement. How can I improve the website?

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

• What resolution are you using? I have 1680X1050, testing in Chrome, Firefox, and IE7/8/9.

I can just go ahead and replace the whole darn problem, but want to gather all the info first.

• I figured that the grey bar is gone on my laptop where its 1440x900. #

On my gaming pc I am using 1920x1200 on the 24" monitor. Grey bar on this one.
    When I move the firefox window over to the 19" monitor the grey bar is gone (1280x1024 here).

wow its so cool to be able to read what you are writing :)

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• One possibility of the grey bar problem might be related to the CSS code. The code looks completely wrong for the "background-image". It has it set as "background-image: ... (repeat-x);" when it should be "background-image: ... (...); background-repeat: repeat;", effectively repeating the image in both Y and X. This would be the standard for W3C. However, Internet Explorer browsers are not W3C compliant, so I would need to write a separate CSS file for each version of IE(6,7,8,9). Basically, the problem is repairable, but time is needed.

When doing this type of work, a lot of time is spent testing the code on several browsers. At this very moment, I only have Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and IE9(with IE8-compat) installed.

Since I have a 1080p TV now, I can test the 1920x1080 resolution, but that takes time too. When I have a chance later I will work on it more. D

Edited once, last by B-e-t-a (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• One possibility of the grey bar problem might be related to the CSS code. The code looks completely wrong for the "background-image". It has it set as "background-image: ... (repeat-x);" when it should be "background-image: ... (...); background-repeat: repeat;", effectively repeating the image in both Y and X. This would be the standard for W3C. However, Internet Explorer browsers are not W3C compliant, so I would need to write a separate CSS file for each version of IE(6,7,8,9). Basically, the problem is repairable, but time is needed.

When doing this type of work, a lot of time is spent testing the code on several browsers. At this very moment, I only have Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and IE9(with IE8-compat) installed.

Since I have a 1080p TV now, I can test the 1920x1080 resolution, but that takes time too. When I have a chance later I will work on it more. D

I dont understand anything of this but it sounds logic

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

Edited once, last by Ripley (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• Update March 2, 2011

I changed the background-repeat CSS code for the id=row1. Right now, I'm testing it in 1080p (1808x1018) on Chrome and Firefox. Both look great, no grey bar in the high resolutions. Please let me know if you experience the grey bar and what conditions.

• Update March 2, 2011

I changed the background-repeat CSS code for the id=row1. Right now, I'm testing it in 1080p (1808x1018) on Chrome and Firefox. Both look great, no grey bar in the high resolutions. Please let me know if you experience the grey bar and what conditions.

Generating a quote here just for testing and debugging the quote problem... ignore this post please.

Edited once, last by B-e-t-a (July 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM).

• I give up for the night. That quotebox code is buried good and deep. I already tried to modify the class ".quote" but it is not producing expected results. One explanation could have to do with javascript, so it can wait for another day.

• Just getting over both Influenza A and Strep Throat at the same time. Website mods have been on hold, but it should not discourage.

The doctor says it is very rare to have both illnesses at the same time. I can tell you that at times it feels like death.