• Thanks Beta. Yes, I have the 9600 GT. I recently shot some air through it (a bit of dust did blow out of it), although I did not take the cover off as you've suggested.

I've considered going back to older drivers, but the problems (artifacts/graphical anomalies or whatever they're called) have not happened recently.

btw, the middle pic in your previous post was the most recent type of error that occurred, which has never occurred in the past; the sky in Crysis turned into little colored blocks. This type of stuff has been happening off and on since Crysis 1, so I don't think it's a sign of my gpu dying like you suggested, as I'd think it'd be dead by now.

Anyways, here are the Crysis 1 videos I uploaded to youtube in 2008.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks Beta. Yes, I have the 9600 GT. I recently shot some air through it (a bit of dust did blow out of it), although I did not take the cover off as you've suggested.

I've considered going back to older drivers, but the problems (artifacts/graphical anomalies or whatever they're called) have not happened recently.

btw, the middle pic in your previous post was the most recent type of error that occurred, which has never occurred in the past; the sky in Crysis turned into little colored blocks. This type of stuff has been happening off and on since Crysis 1, so I don't think it's a sign of my gpu dying like you suggested, as I'd think it'd be dead by now.

Anyways, here are the Crysis 1 videos I uploaded to youtube in 2008.

Those vids are whacked man. I was just like woah. Another options you can try is underclocking the video memory. If that doesn't help, underclock the GPU. So far I've found Rivatuner to be the most stable on all video cards I've clocked.
    http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

If it is an EVGA 9800 GT then I'd get a replacement.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

Edited once, last by B-e-t-a (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• I can use all three at once. You should try reformatting.

Dude, in the M$ Windows world, reformatting is as common as changing the oil in your car. I mean hey wtf omg lol

But anyway, I have a good screenshot for this thread... after I reboot into Windows... since I use Linux as my desktop. muahahahhaha

*edit*
    Mesa war factory at Echo 3. Somehow I drove my truck right into that tight little hallway.

ScreenShot0016.jpg

ScreenShot0018.jpg

ScreenShot0020.jpg

• You sure you have a OC and water cooled rig BETA...as that FPS for that low quality is bad dude..real bad!

"Aspire to Inspire before you expire." "life.............is a state of mind."

• You sure you have a OC and water cooled rig BETA...as that FPS for that low quality is bad dude..real bad!

Ya man it's lowest settings at 1680x1050. Unfortunately, the rig is so old it still uses morse code and runs on cole. Thus, a good reason to water cool it and overclock the snot out of it. :lol:

AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (Brisbane 2.1Ghz) overclocked to 3.003Ghz
    EVGA Nvidia 9800 GT 512Mb (600Mhz stock overclocked to 729Mhz)
    4Gb OCZ DDR2
    Gigabyte 570 SLI mobo
    Swiftech Apogee GT water block, Black Ice GTS 360mm radiator, VIA Aqua 1800 water pump, Inovotech chipset block, Inovotech GPU block.
    8O I've been water cooling it for almost 3 years... yea I'm a dang water cooling pioneer that needs a job to buy new stuff.