• Addressing those split second freezes:

It could be quit a few things,

Are you getting the disconnect symbol?
    What's your minimum frame rate during that instance?
    What resolution are you running at?
    What are your card and cpu temperatures at load?

No disconnect symbol.

30fps minimum 45fps seems to be the average on the normal settings. We can get them higher 60fps or more it'll still freeze/locks up for a split second.

Medium settings at 1920 by 1080 running it on our 40" lcd tv

I'll have to double check temperatures i think around the 60-65 degree mark on the cpu and as high as 70-75 on the gpu.

Evil i've had a quick scan thorugh that tweaking guide, a lot of the stuff we have tried already, apart from some of the console changes like view distance etc. i'll go through it again in more detail.

This system is very clean very few programs on it it purely for running crysis and other games, i'm just baffled as to what is causing this.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by ArboristUK (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Nice, i changed my memory voltage, and probably blew up 2 slots on my motherboard..
    Changed slots (It wouldnt start up at first) now it does, but my keyboard and mice wont work.. (Yes, i tried the ps/2 solution)
    Get the (Previous overclocking attempt failed, resetted to default settings, press any key to continue) Warning.
    Thats all nice and all.. but its quite hard to press any key without a keyboard and/or mice.

Not sure what to do now, downloading a recorvery disc atm, in the hope that will work.

If not. I most likely bang my head against the wall, poor some gas onto my pc and light it up.
    Buy a new case, and start building a new pc...

Any more suggestions perhabs? ^^

rirrnos4eu1zdgyhiug9.png

• My guess would be the ps/2 port is broken, and the USB keyboard is disabled in the BIOS so it doesn't recognize it. I don't think there is too much you can do if that's the case, as you'd need a keyboard to enable the USB keyboard option in the BIOS. Somehow, you need to get everything back to default settings, which I don't know how to do without a keyboard. Maybe you can take the battery out?

• Thanks for the quick reply, but take the battery out of what? My usb keyboard doesnt include a battery if i'm correct :)

Edit: And i dont think my ps2 port is broken. Never had to use it before and my pc is less then a year old, if im correct.

rirrnos4eu1zdgyhiug9.png

• No, i cant do that.. If i loose the date.. then.. NOOOOOOO :)
    Yeah, ill try surf around on the web some more... (i'm not sure where the cosmos battery is located though.. but ill look it up:)
    (And i would take your advice without checking if you did not said so ^^ )

rirrnos4eu1zdgyhiug9.png

• Thanks comrade, but i already found it.. It was behind my friggen grafic cards, pfff...

Thanks Evil for the brillant idea, Thank God everything works perfect again.

Meh, wont have a excuse to buy new ''better'' parts now :(

rirrnos4eu1zdgyhiug9.png

• Thanks Evil for the brillant idea, Thank God everything works perfect again.

Meh, wont have a excuse to buy new ''better'' parts now :(

Excellent! Now that you're back on your feet, you can either:

A) Get chickened out of overclocking
    or
    B) Continue to tinker, but do not play with voltages until you've first hit a clock speed wall. At that point, if you want to go further, you can start upping voltages but only a little at a time from now on!

• ive had my eyes on one of these but i dont like amd chipset boards they seem subpar. for the price difference exceptions can be arranged. 45nm vs 32nm
    AMD

Intel

Benchmark

Looks like AMD's hexa-core is getting raped in these benchmark tests. Tom's editors use the word "creamed" here to describe just how poorly it performs: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ph…0fx,2613-9.html

• Hehe, i'm not chickened out of overclocking ^^

I'll just continue tinker some more, as i've reached the max in the BIOS (CPU Freq) ill have to seek for other ways to get it up
    And i simply leave the voltages for now..

rirrnos4eu1zdgyhiug9.png

• Those temps are way high on the cpu. I'd bet a Euro that its part of the problem.

I just double checked Ginia's pc temps now whilst she is playing crysis and the temps are low at 33.5 on the cpu, 65 on the gpu so nothing out of the ordinary there. Probably my pc i was thinking of which is on perpetual melt down, really need to improve the cooling someday.

I think a clean install is in order, the system is how we got it from the builders, but i think we'll reinstall and update the drivers to see if this helps.

Tryton on life

Edited once, last by ArboristUK (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Arborist, it's an AMD system, right? Try to keep the load temperatures under 55*C. Usually I tell people 50*C because changes in ambient room temps, and also dust collection after weeks can affect the temperature.So aim for 50*C and don't let it go above 55*C.

Use Prime95 for load stress testing, and SpeedFan to monitor temperatures.

Prime95 (32-bit)
    http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Prime95 (64-bit)
    http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205

SpeedFan
    http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=51

CPU-Z for info
    http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=26

These three applications are very important when overclocking. It may be easier for us to help you if you make a thread dedicated to your system and overclocking. Please do and list your system specs in the first post. Then run these applications to test things and post the temperatures and stuff.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

• Beta I only have the AMD overdrive utility to check system temps, and its saying my cpu is errrr 85-90c :oops: where as ginias is running at 33.5 with her dual 550, my processor is a qaud 955 its been running like this for months now, and only recently have i had a problem with blue screen due to the high temps especially now its all dusty in therei guess.

Maybe i need to start a thread i'll call it - Help me i'm a pc retard-

Now i need to go think about cooling my pc before it goes nuclear, i'll invest in a new aircooler and give the old girl a good clean.

Tryton on life