• Well not that its my business but no votes don't cancel out other peoples votes in a democratic government.
    All votes are heard and majority rules. Which would make this voting thing a cluster fuck.

• Well, I am trying to be unbiased in making a decision on this. Seeing as how I am one of few that have voted neither way yet in tioga's application topic, I think I'm still qualified to make an unbiased decision.

It only makes sense that toga doesn't want no's to take away from yes's, as he's the first applicant to receive a handful of "no" votes.

• Evil your idea is fine, dont think you need to change anything else, 10 votes and your in on a trial basis simple and to the point. Maybe i will even vote one day!

I voted...

Edited once, last by poobar (February 28, 2010 at 6:54 PM).

• Well not that its my business but no votes don't cancel out other peoples votes in a democratic government.
    All votes are heard and majority rules. Which would make this voting thing a cluster fuck.

Think of NO votes as the other option....in a election you vote for two options...both carry equal weight, with both deducting from the whole..the system so far has no weight carried with a NO vote...so the only way a NO vote in this process can count, (as we're voting for one man not two!)
    is if it takes away from a yes...hence a tug of war...very simple and so far most if not 95% of people already that have applied for membership would never come into a problem with too many NO votes, or even one for that matter...and as no suprise it took Tioga to show up the cracks in the voting system that was used before.

I said it before and ill say it again....If peeps take the time to vote NO..then that should be taken very seriously, if not more then a easy to make YES vote.

And as you said V "majority rules"...but in a election you have to still win by a margin....in this case its 10 clear votes in favour..no cluster fuck.....just simple.

"Aspire to Inspire before you expire." "life.............is a state of mind."

Edited once, last by DMC_RULEZ (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• maybe just a system where a no vote cancels out a yes vote, or perhaps a no vote is a -.5 of a yes vote (so two no votes cancels out a yes vote) but you still are required to have 10 yes votes.

i.e. if theres 5 no votes, it would require 15 yes votes (or if no votes are half votes, you would need 13 yes votes)

• Please, think of the kittens

Please, think about the applicants. 2/3 of the players playing Crysis in the OSF clan is active. The clan isn't that huge, and there are a lot of inactive members who haven't played on the server for some time, or at least I haven't seen them. Every time you got too few yes-votes (not enough to cancel them all out.) and too many no-votes you have to make a new app since every active OSF forum member have voted at least once. You would then have to wait and make the "no-voters" happy again to get at least 10 votes. You could even get more yes-votes than no-votes, but you still wouldn't have 10 votes.

0j18luls0gj0xsuh26qw.gif

Edited once, last by RobtheRobot (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• It is not our objective to make OSF a huge clan. Clans where any jerk can join are enough out there. So we rather would like to keep it small but with members who fit into the group. Meaning they should be decent, likeable and relaxed players who like to hang out with us during a video game.

That is why the number of yes and no votes is important to us. Explicit "nos" have to be taken into account in some way like DMC said. If we count only "yes" imagine there are 10 yes votes and 20 nos?

So I like the majority idea.

In addition, we already decided to implement the trial membership.

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• I said it before and ill say it again....If peeps take the time to vote NO..then that should be taken very seriously, if not more then a easy to make YES vote.

I agree with this to an extent you also have to look at why they are voting no. I think explanations for votes would be nice as it would help others decide one way or the other.

And as you said V "majority rules"...but in a election you have to still win by a margin....in this case its 10 clear votes in favour..no cluster fuck.....just simple.

I don't like the winning by a margin idea, to quote a horrible movie and a bi-curious bald guy "Whether you win by an inch or a mile a win is a win." (maybe that doesn't help my point lol)
    but like i said my opinion doesn't really matter in the end it's you guys who will decide. :)

Maybe I'm just a fan of keeping it simple. :/
    That being said I like visk's idea.

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• That sounds like a good idea to me. Can someone tell how the trial thing works?

UPDATE: We've decided that any applicant who receives the required amount of votes will be accepted to join OSF as usual, except they will use the tag "=nOSF=" signifying that they're a New Old School Fighter. After a period of one month, if we receive no complaints and we feel as though the new member is doing a good job of representing OSF, they may use the regular tag.

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• If the application process is truly one in which every vote counts equally, then "No's" should really be weighted the same as "Yes's". Ripley is right; getting 10 "Yes" votes shouldn't be worth a damn if you also got 20 "No's". Those members who vote "No" take the same amount of time and participation to voice their opinion as those who vote "Yes".

The only problem with implementing this new rule is that it is unfair for the rule to take effect on applicants after they've submitted their application. Let's not beat around the bush here, we all know I'm talking about tioga's application in which he got a considerable amount of "No" votes. If we were to allow the Yes/No voting to take effect, but not apply to current applicants, it would not resolve the specific issue that it was created for.

Unfortunately, we can't really welcome a new member aboard after 10 "Yes's" if they received just as many "No's" (or even a few "No's").

• The way I see it, these new rules should not be implemented with current applicants. In sports, do they change the rules of the game half way through to rig it for one team? no.

• Imo, many of them were for no reason at all. holy and arson gave no reason, nor did ryan. poobar said why join? Now that i think about it i think rip and visk gave reasons