• Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Crosshair 6 Hero now, mostly because I've had a good experience with Asus in the past (I have Asus right now, and it ran me a solid 5 years), and also they have pretty good overclocking utilities. I'm just hoping I can use (at least) the 3200 MHz on my RAM, but I'd imagine that Asus would try and keep their top-of-the-line motherboard updated and in-check to run properly

yeah they're pretty good with bios updates, at least in my experience, until the next chipset is introduced then they just kind of stop. Their OC software has been pretty unreliable and crashes often for me in windows, so I just use the bios. You should be able to get up to 3200 on the 14 cas trident z or flare x kit. I'd buy from amazon since newegg return policy and customer service is shit.

Edit: I should add that Asus updates their driver page maybe twice ever per board, which means any custom implementation of components may end up using the component manufacturer drivers as opposed to the Asus custom ones (ex. Sound device implementation).

• I should add that Asus updates their driver page maybe twice ever per board, which means any custom implementation of components may end up using the component manufacturer drivers as opposed to the Asus custom ones (ex. Sound device implementation).

I'd imagine the component manufacturer drivers would be better, since they're made for the actual component? Or am I wrong in assuming that, my mind is spinning with all the information and reviews I've read lol.

"Knowledge is power and power corrupts, so study hard and be evil."
    "If we do not end wars, wars will end us"

• it depends on the implementation, generally, yes you are correct. There may be some custom features not includes with the manufacter drivers that may be lost (I used the sound driver as an example since Asus likes custom sound drivers/hardware).

As for reviews, for motherboards I find them largely useless and choose a mobo based on feature set and value. The reviews are ultimately useless for performance (because it doesn't carry between models to a meaningful degree) and stability, since bios updates constantly improve stability (especially for x370).

• Already ordered all the parts shown on the pcpartpicker link. Got some decent discounts on the processor and mobo (went with a used but "like new" mobo for like $50 off). Also gonna grab that $15 rebate on the cooler.

"Knowledge is power and power corrupts, so study hard and be evil."
    "If we do not end wars, wars will end us"