Posts by XVerraterX

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Beta I only have the AMD overdrive utility to check system temps, and its saying my cpu is errrr 85-90c :oops: where as ginias is running at 33.5 with her dual 550, my processor is a qaud 955 its been running like this for months now, and only recently have i had a problem with blue screen due to the high temps especially now its all dusty in therei guess.

Maybe i need to start a thread i'll call it - Help me i'm a pc retard-

Now i need to go think about cooling my pc before it goes nuclear, i'll invest in a new aircooler and give the old girl a good clean.

Just get one of the coolers i've mentioned, make sure you have just enough positive pressure in your case to keep dust out. Those coolers don't come with fans btw. you could pick up a scythe ultra kaze lol but i fear that would be way to loud. Any questions you have you can ask me via xfire or ts.

Yes we have 64bit version of Win 7, I'm well aware that Intel are better than AMD processors but an AMD processor should be able to run Crysis well enough surely? There not totally crap.

I only want this system to run Crysis well for ginia, then later she will get my hand me downs from my system. I doubt we will go down dual graphics cards route with this system so i'm thinking a decent 550watt supply or there abouts is enough which i can find for around £60,
    4gb of ddr3 memory around the £80-90 this will require a new mobo as the foxconn only supports ddr 2 i believe.
    The this is where it gets a little confusing for me i've read you can unlock more cores in the processor with a board like the GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P which i can find for around £90? Or do i go cheaper and forget about unlocking more cores?

This keeps the upgrade cost to under £250 mark which is the limit of my budget for now.

Forgetting how do-able unlocking more cores on the processor is i think this should make an improvement.

Also Verrator do you not rate the domino water cooling? I know nothing about them all i know is the system runs quiet and temps seem low.

You don't need ddr3 with that setup, its a waste, I'm to lazy to explain why but memory shouldn't be an upgrade concern until changing your chipset. Speed of your cpu and gpu will most effect in game play.
    It is possible to unlock more cores you'll have to read into it some more, but with some chips it is possible and i would be looking into that.
    Those pre-made watercooling systems are all the same. They boast water cooling advantages with the ease of air cooling. Most reviews rate it subpar, so as i suggested buy a true or a megahalem. The TRUE original can be lapped and washer modded bringing down temps even more.

Addressing those split second freezes:

It could be quit a few things,

Are you getting the disconnect symbol?
    What's your minimum frame rate during that instance?
    What resolution are you running at?
    What are your card and cpu temperatures at load?

Price range?

Power supply is a must.
    PC power and cooling and corsair are the best.
    So i'd go with a 1000W as power supplies probably won't become obsolete anytime soon and that lets you open yourself up for future upgrades.
    Power supply is the one thing you shouldn't cheap out on, as it can ruin your system if its faulty.

Also I'd think about buying some better cpu cooling and overclock your processor a bit to squeeze some more performance out of it and you can use it with future chipsets.
    I'd suggest something like a Megahalem or a TRUE. If you are going to upgrade cpu and gpu later that excludes motherboard and ram as well.
    I would also suggest not going i7 at the moment if you are planning on upgrading as intel plans yet again to go with another chipset later this year or q1 2011.

That is true. I remember having many doubts concerning Tryton by the time he applied for the first time due to his lack of english. He improved on that and still tries to get better. His obsession to speed mode and heli whoring can be annoying sometimes but the "only 70% communication link" to him is responsible for not being able to teach him more of the old school style. However, he is a good teamplayer, has not been punished or kicked once yet and behaves on teampeak better than some other guys roaming it.

I agree with Ripley.