Alright I'll explain away, but this is not meant as an offensive argument. Just an experience.
Every clan member that votes in a given time frame is considered active. So, then take 50% of the # of active voters and you have the # of votes required for an applicants entrance.
For example: If 3 of 10 clan members do not vote on ANY polls for 3 weeks, they are considered INACTIVE. That leaves 7 ACTIVE voters. Therefore, 50% of 7 is 3.5, rounded to 4. The total # of positive votes needed for an applicant would be 4.
This system has been the most successful voting system I have ever seen used in a clan. It eliminates the need to make changes to the voting system no matter how many clan members decide to take part in the voting.
*edit*
I should mention the items to be adjusted.
- time frame of activity - you can make it two months or whatever
- percentage of active votes needed
Clan members will have more of an incentive to be "ACTIVE" in the voting process. It will also give you an idea of who is contributing and who is not.