I'll be second - BlackHawk

• AMD video cards usually max out at 8XAA in most games (if not all) within the game options.

For anything higher you have to force it through CCC, that is if the game allows forced AA.

The only Nvidia cards that allow 32XAA is the GTX 400 & GTX 500 series.

The difference visually between 8XAA and 32XAA is hardly noticeable. I had taken dozens of screenshots comparing the two and realized the game just has a poor implementation of AA (Edges still look jagged no matter the AA setting).

My suggestion is to run the game in DX9 mode and to hell with AA - you're frame rate will be way higher and you won't notice a difference in the way it looks.

• [quote="
    My suggestion is to run the game in DX9 mode and to hell with AA - you're frame rate will be way higher and you won't notice a difference in the way it looks.[/quote]

tru dat !

"You are what you do, when it counts." - the masao

• You should always choose a quality PSU that will never be above 50% load at any time, even under maximum gaming stress. As load increases, the PSU efficiency drops. Staying at loads above appx 50% wear out the internal components of a PSU. As efficiency is degraded over time/load/usage (time divided by usage), the PSU's ability to produce the full wattage listed on the unit also drops.

Therefore, it is only a matter of time before that PSU will no longer provide enough constant power. You may see intermittent freezes, aliasing, corrupted data, or other strange activities in the months or days leading up to the catastrophic failure of the PSU. When a PSU fails, often times, the voltage increases and the wattage decreases (maintaining same amperage) causing a chain reaction that destroys other parts of the computer.

Even after saying all this you will not believe me. That's ok, I never believed the people that warned me before I actually saw it for myself.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

• his psu will not destroy his other components.
    1. if a capacitor does blow, there are multiple fuses and current control chips on the psu.
    2. usually the only way, which happens only rarely, is a brown out.

your psu does go bad, what one should you buy? at least one with 80%+ Bronze certification, i use ocz, i have 3 1 gameXstream, and 2 ModXstreams.
    also recommended is thermaltake, corsair, and xfx

• My PSU exploded, sparks came out, and smoke could be smelled. The computer turned off, but I restarted it later and continued to use it normally for a few days until OCZ sent a replacement.

Maybe I was lucky, but no damage was done to any other components, even after using my computer after the PSU literally exploded.

• A quality brand PSU will have a higher chance of the sensor compliance you refer to, icomrad. However, the el-cheapo PSU's are not going to be that sophisticated. And even with all those sensors, a voltage regulator is perhaps even more likely to blow. I've seen some nasty damage caused by a voltage regulator that melted part of the silicon.

If a capacitor explodes, you will be replacing the PSU and may be lucky.
    If a voltage regulator blows, you might be replacing the motherboard and other stuff.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

• hey guys i am selling my bitchin' pc and want to get a new but my hd 5770 i will keep
    now say me what system is better for gaming:

1. system:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4x 3.30GHz

MoBo: ASRock P67 Extreme4 B3

Ram: 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9

CPU cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 REV B

Case: ATX Midi Cooler Master Elite 430

HDD: 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD502HJ

PSU: 500W Sharkoon Rush Power SHA-R500M :!: FOR BETA : THIS PSU PASSED SOME PSU TESTES AND IT GET SOME GOOD VOICES + IT HAS CABLE MANAGEMENT :!:

or this one

2. system:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 870 AM3 ATX

Ram: 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9

Case: ATX Midi Cooler Master Elite 430

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 REV B

HDD: 500GB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD502HJ

PSU: 500W Sharkoon Rush Power SHA-R500M :!: FOR BETA : THIS PSU PASSED SOME PSU TESTES AND IT GET SOME GOOD VOICES + IT HAS CABLE MANAGEMENT :!:

the first system costs: 530 euros
    and the second one: 483 euros

thanks for the help in advance