Posts by HolyDiver

I'm now I'm a bit late (or alot) but your one bad ass mother fooker!

I honestly think its a load of bullshit. If you want better performance, you need 1. A new machine. 2. New Internet. I'm certain that the performance change (for modding packetrate) is .1% to 0% that you will notice. It's probably not good to fuck around with shit that works.....

Since the Web definitions for packet rate is...
    The number of data packets processed per second by a server.

It's really up in there air about how it should be set at. You would think it's a small problem but its not. By changing the packetrate to what Cad' wants you are only helping cad (and any one else with a shitty internet/LINUX) By lowering it the game server is processing less packets. which really should make everything worse for everybody else. By raising it the server should run even better, Im sure there is a limit on the server though where it server starts to become over loaded.

Packet loss: Packet loss occurs when one or more packets of data traveling across a computer network fail to reach their destination. Packet loss is distinguished as one of the three main error types encountered in digital communications; the other two being bit error and spurious packets caused due to noise.

It sounds like Cad has packet loss and thats why changing the packet rate for him effects him.

------------
    Cad, I would be interested in seeing your Speed Test Results.

ALSO: Spam might not be the best place for this forum, Maybe we should open a Tech. Section.

Packet Loss:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_packet
    Packet Rate: http://www.xwire.com/glossary

Wait a moment Evil. If I enter cl_packetRate 66 in the main menu, it'll work, but if I type cl_packetRate 66 when in certain servers, it will return "cl_packetRate 30." Also, in every FPS I've seen there's at least a few servers that lock the packet rate at a certain point, and what number(s) the rate(s) are locked at depends on what the server owner did himself.

want a medal?

whens the next rugby update?

Right now

!UPDATE!
    http://www.olympic.org/en/content/Media/?articleNewsGroup=&articleId=73405
    Taken from USARUGBY.org

Al Caravelli was up early Friday. The Team USA Rugby Sevens coach did not want to miss any part of his sport's biggest day.

"I was not only waiting, but I set my alarm clock for 5:25 and sat through the presentation and official vote," Caravelli said Friday night after monitoring the actions on the Internet that morning. "It was very exciting.

"The smile still hasn't left my face."

Early Friday morning-just as people were starting their day on the East Coast of the United States-the International Olympic Committee voted overwhelmingly to add rugby sevens and golf into the 2016 and 2020 Olympic programs, with the IOC reviewing both sports in 2017.

Once word became official that they were in, Caravelli and others interested in the future of the new Olympic sports went to work.

Caravelli was part of a contingent of U.S. rugby players and coaches who made their way around New York City doing newspaper and magazine interviews. Some made an appearance on NBC's Today show. Caravelli also did telephone interviews with media outlets in Europe and Argentina.

"I see it as a historic event of getting rugby back in the Olympics," Caravelli said. "And, we have to make sure to shine and grow the sport of rugby and help the Olympic movement as well."

Michelle Wie was among the professional golfers on hand in Copenhagen, Denmark, for the final golf presentation to the IOC and was part of the golf news conference after the vote was announced.

"I think it would be the highest achievement for any golfer, or for any athlete, to be part of the Olympics," said Wie, who helped the United States to victory over Europe in the Solheim Cup in August. "When you represent your country, when you carry the American flag, it takes me to a whole other place.

"It makes the event so much more remarkable."

Prominent figures in both golf and rugby vowed to make adjustments to their plans as necessary between now and their debut at the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games, but they continued selling the idea that their sports are ready to fit in with the rest of the Games.

Caravelli said rugby sevens has shown to be an ideal fit to keep the largest stadium busy between the opening and closing ceremonies at multiple-sports festivals, such as the Commonwealth Games.

"With rugby sevens, you've had three days of sold-out stadiums at every Commonwealth Games since '98 in Sri Lanka, at the Asian Games and the World Games," he said. "Next year, you'll have it with the Pan Am Games and the African Games.

"If it's any inclination what can be done, they'll want us to have 16-team tournaments and rugby fans will stay throughout the rest of the Olympics to be part of the whole scene in Rio."

Caravelli said the boisterous rugby fans could add to the excitement at an event.

During the question-and-answer portion of the final presentation, officials from both sports were asked about their formats.

Ty Votaw, a PGA Tour official who served as Executive Director of the International Golf Federation Olympic Golf Committee, explained that golf tried to follow IOC executive board guidance when developing its proposal. Continued communication will help finalize the format.

The current proposal is to include the top 15 players regardless of country, then no more than two per country until a field of 60 is filled for both men and women.

"We combined both the excellence in having the top 15 as well as some level of geographic distribution," Votaw said in a news conference from Copenhagen. "If you applied that today, there would be 31 countries in the men and 34 in the women in the field of 60.

"We remain flexible in that criteria to make sure it is what the IOC and international committees want."

Plans call for 72-hole individual stroke play tournaments for men and women. Votaw said the tournaments could be held at different times and away from golf's traditional Thursday-to-Sunday format if the IOC thinks that will work better.

Rugby proposed tournaments involving teams from 12 countries based on executive board feedback, but questions and comments from the committee left the impression that a larger tournament would be more desirable.

"It was very interesting listening to the rugby presentation," Caravelli said. "There were more comments than questions and the first four said 'We're voting your way.'

"The question they heard most was how teams qualify, number one, and two, why are you only recommending 12 countries?"

Caravelli anticipates the first tournaments actually featuring 16 teams with the possibility of the men's event growing as large as 24.

Mike Miller, the International Rugby Board CEO, said he would be happy to take the IOC's guidance on whether to plan a larger tournament.

The final adjustments for each shape up as simple logistics compared to the original task of convincing the IOC that the two sports were a better Olympic Games fit than five others that made proposals at the same time. In August, the IOC Executive Board recommended that the IOC consider golf and rugby over baseball, karate, roller sports, squash and softball.

Part of the early process for golf and rugby sevens was convincing the IOC that the best players would take part.

Golf, which was last in the Olympic Games in 1904 with only players from Canada and the United States competing, answered skeptics by receiving public commitments from the game's biggest professional stars. Tigers Woods, the top-ranked and one of the most popular golfers in the world, was supportive and was part of the final presentation via videotape.

"We are elated that the IOC membership has accepted golf as an Olympic sport, and look forward to seeing the world's best golfers compete for gold at the 2016 Olympic Games," Votaw said.

Rugby showed examples of how the seven-player format is now drawing top talent, including those that also participate in the more traditional form that features 15 players per side.

"The Olympic Games will be the pinnacle of the sport for all our athletes and the rugby family," IRB president Bernard Lapasset said in a news conference. "The best men's and women's players in the world are excited to be able to showcase their talent on the world's greatest sporting stage."

Rugby was last included, in the 15-player version, in the Paris 1924 Olympic Games.

"Both golf and rugby are very popular sports with global appeal and a strong ethic," IOC president Jacques Rogge said in a news release on the IOC Web site. "They will be great additions to the Games."

If anyone can appreciate the addition of rugby to the Games it is Rogge. Although he was an Olympic yachtsman, Rogge has a rugby past: He played rugby union for Belgium.

Rogge won't be president of the IOC when the sport is added to the Games. His term ends in 2013, but he and the rest of the IOC will be eager to see how these sorts fare in 2016.

Story courtesy Red Line Editorial, Inc. Tom Robinson is a freelance contributor for teamusa.org. This story was not subject to the approval of any National Governing Bodies.

Is this pointless???

Do you actually play rugby??
    I used to but packed it in

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello, This is HolyDiver's Rugby Universe...... Don't hate.....This is the thread for everything Rugby related(!No Hate Spam!), Videos, News, and Pics.

For the first video I will post.

The Ten Commandments

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For the second, ohh French Rugby....

I play Rugby
    http://usarugby1.tampadigital.com/video/1309641573/i-play-rugby

My Team VS. Worcester

NEWS:
    -------------------------------
    IRB Welcomes IOC Recommendation (Article Taken From USARUGBY.ORG)

The International Rugby Board (IRB) is delighted that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board has recommended Rugby Sevens as one of two sports for inclusion in the Olympic Games.

Bernard Lapasset, President of the IRB, said: “We would like to thank the IOC Executive Board for selecting Rugby Sevens from what are seven strong and diverse sports. We recognize the significance of this milestone in our campaign but are also mindful that the ultimate decision rests with the IOC members when they meet in Copenhagen on October 9 2009.”

Following a vote by the 15-member I.O.C. executive board, which met Thursday afternoon in Berlin, Rugby Sevens and golf were named as the two sports still under consideration for the 2016 Summer Games. Five other sports – baseball, softball, roller sports, squash and karate were rejected.

Stephanie Streeter, Chief Executive Officer of the U.S. Olympic Committee stated: “The U.S. Olympic Committee would like to offer its congratulations to the sports of Golf and Rugby which were recommended by the IOC’s Executive Board to go before the IOC’s full membership vote in October for inclusion into the 2016 Olympic Games. We also would like to reach out to our Olympic Family sports of Baseball, Softball, Karate, Roller Sports and Squash to praise the quality efforts each put forth in this process. They are great sports and I would hope each one of them would keep up their efforts to gain status as an Olympic sport."

The host city for the 2016 Games will be selected when the full 106-member Olympic Committee convenes in Copenhagen on Oct. 2 and the ultimate decision regarding the addition of new sports will be made on Oct. 9. It has not been decided whether the two proposed sports will be accepted or rejected individually or as a pair.

“The Olympic Games would be the pinnacle of the sport for all our athletes and the Rugby Family, providing the opportunity for the best men’s and women’s players in the world to showcase their talent on the world’s greatest sporting stage. The international Rugby community is united behind Rugby Sevens’ campaign and we now look ahead to October,” Lapasset added.

Rugby sevens is the mini-version of the 15-man sport in which teams are made up of seven players, with matches consisting of seven minute halves and played on a standard-sized field. The game is popular at all levels, with amateur and club tournaments generally held in the summer months. Notable international competitions include the IRB Sevens World Series and the Rugby World Cup Sevens. Rugby sevens is also played at some multi-sport events such as the Commonwealth Games, the World Games and was recently adopted into the Pan American Games.

The sport of rugby was included in four previous Olympic Games in 1900, 1908, 1920 and 1924. The Americans are technically the two-time defending Olympic gold medal champions, following wins against France in both 1920 and 1924. The last Olympic rugby match was played at Colombes stadium in Paris and the USA took the gold with a 17-3 victory before 30,000 fans.

“The global game of rugby sevens is a fast and furious contact sport, played by great athletes and followed by millions across the globe,” USA Rugby CEO and President of Rugby Operations Nigel Melville said.

“In the USA, rugby is growing by the day,” Melville added. “We have thousands of young players now picking up a rugby ball for the first time. If Rugby Sevens were to be included in the Olympic Games, the sport would have an even greater appeal to an even wider audience as there is no better global sporting stage than the Olympic Games.

“It would enable rugby and its leading principles of teamwork, camaraderie and fair play to inspire people not only around this nation, but around the world.”

Currently, the U.S. Men’s Sevens Team is ranked 11th in the world, while the U.S. Men’s 15s side is 18th. America is featured as one of the eight IRB Sevens World Series stops and is the largest international rugby event held in the U.S., bringing in a crowd of nearly 35,000 during the two days of men’s and women’s sevens competition in 2009.

The women’s Rugby Sevens game is becoming increasingly popular in the U.S. and beyond, with the historic addition of the women’s competition to the Rugby World Cup Sevens lineup in 2009. More than 83 nations competed for the 16 qualification spots to the Women’s Rugby World Cup and the inaugural women’s tournament asserted the U.S. as one of the top Women’s Sevens Teams in the world, advancing to the semifinals where they fell to a topflight New Zealand team.

Check out Rugby Sevens new ‘Reaching Out’ video here: http://www.irb.com/mm/Video/Home/…0kbits_8444.wmv. For more information on the push for Rugby Sevens’ inclusion in the Olympic Games, please visit http://www.irb.com or contact Dominic Rumbles at [email protected].

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture:
    This Picture is of the Rugby Positions as I'm sure many of you do not know them....
    411px-Rugby_formation.svg.png

(Taken From Wikipedia)

Useful Links:
    http://www.planetrugby.com/0,,,00+en-USS_01DBC.html
    http://usarugby.org/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fraserdldavidson (for all ARC video's)
    http://www.rugbyworldcup.com
    http://www.irbsevens.com
    http://www.irb.com[/size]

Ok, I'll join the party.

Gamp originally sent this to me months ago

i love that video..!!!!!!

Political party affiliation?

Cad, shut up jesus H christ this is why you don't have it cause every few months you have ur man period so bad that you feel the need to go and rant about some bullshit ur not gunna get so stop it !!!!