Posts by ROginia

Quote from "NecessaryEvil";p="10331"

She's a beauty
    I'm curious, does the UK dim when you turn it on?

:lol: No, but Arborists gets the blue screen of death :twisted:

Quote from "robocop";p="10332"

The only thought i had a first glance was Holy Shit!

Nice rig

:) Thx

Wow Ginia, our rigs have a lot in common. i7 2600K, ASUS high-end board, 8Gb 1600mhz RAM, water cooling, triple radiator.

I was considering the XSPC Rasa, but now I am convinced. Since Ginia approves, I will get one too.

The only major differences between our rigs is the HDD/RAID and the GPU's. I will bet that we perform closely the same in web development and Photoshop. 8) Your rig would do better in gaming, mine would be faster in loading times (in theory).

It was a struggle to go as high end as possible but without letting our budget run away with us, we had a budget limit. I'd like to go RAID or maybe get an SSD but this is an area we know nothing about. As a future upgrade what would you reccomend- another 600gb WD Velociraptor drive in raid or go the SSD route?

Those Ripjaws are probably the best ram from what i've read for SB system, and the Sabretooth with i5-2500k is what Arb is looking to base his system on.

The XSPC watercooling is in the budget end of watercooling kits, there are prettier kits out there, yet this kit does its job and does it well and is tidy inside the case, we only have 1 set of fans in push configuration and its more than enough.

I've had this PC a while now, I got this for my website design and editing not only for gaming, this PC is flying through tasks my old PC would struggle with often losing data and hours of hard work.

Specs:

HAF-X
    I7 2600k @4.6mhz
    Asus ROG Maximus IV mobo
    8gb Corsair xms3 @1600mhz
    Dual AMD 6970's
    XSPC watercooling cpu+gpu
    Corsair HX1000w psu
    600gb WD Velociraptor
    1tb Samsung spinpoint data HD

The thoughts behind some of the component choices:

1st choice of GPU would of been nVidia 580, but we took a gamble with going down the crossfire root as 2 6970's at the time of build cost the same as a single 580 and in theory would out perform a single 580, so far we have been happy with crossfire seeing nearly a doubling of fps in Crysis and BFBC2 and running stable with max settings, only NFS Shift gives us problems which does not support xf at this time.

We choose xms3 ram at 1600mhz as looking at kits upto 2000mhz showed little performance advantage in Sandybridge systems.

We choose watercooling for cool and quiet running, the fans run at a constant low rpm even underload and everything is nice, quiet and cool.
    http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_…ng_kit_review/1

We stuck at a 4.6mhz overclock as this is nice and stable and not taxing at all for this processor on water and runs plenty fast enough for our needs.

PS this is a huge improvement over my last Best Buy PC, and anyone who thinks buying a high end PC will make them into a pro player overnight is mistaken, wether you play on a low end pc or high end your skill is what it is!! :):)

how are the grafiks?

You are becoming obessed with the quest for ultimate grafik performance, at the end of the day grafiks are not to important, content and gameplay are king, i have enjoyed playing Crysis Wars at the lowest possible graphic settings even though i can still get playable fps at medium to high settings yet i would rather play on lowest for best possible performance.
    We know players who have amazing graphic cards and good pc's that still play on lowest for ultimate fps performance. :)

I got your system with teamviewer upto 250fps in Crysis Wars I can only dream of getting this kind of performance.......... For the moment :wink:

:) actually Chris told me that I am much better when I am not recording. Also it is easy to make a video that makes you look the best damn player in Crysis, Chris is the better player.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love that scar, never goes out of bullets :lol:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My latest fun video :)