Posts by B-e-t-a

One possibility of the grey bar problem might be related to the CSS code. The code looks completely wrong for the "background-image". It has it set as "background-image: ... (repeat-x);" when it should be "background-image: ... (...); background-repeat: repeat;", effectively repeating the image in both Y and X. This would be the standard for W3C. However, Internet Explorer browsers are not W3C compliant, so I would need to write a separate CSS file for each version of IE(6,7,8,9). Basically, the problem is repairable, but time is needed.

When doing this type of work, a lot of time is spent testing the code on several browsers. At this very moment, I only have Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and IE9(with IE8-compat) installed.

Since I have a 1080p TV now, I can test the 1920x1080 resolution, but that takes time too. When I have a chance later I will work on it more. D

Update: 2/25/2011

I made the very first modification to the website. The grey area on the right side is now gone. Much cleaner now. Still, it needs work and I now see the image has lighter lines in it. Looks like some graphics work should be done next.

But first, since this is the first change on this site in years, lets wait and see how it works out. Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions. Suggestions are very important for improvement. How can I improve the website?

Usually, cheaters will end with 40-60 kills and 6-13 deaths in a game on a well-populated server. That is one of the primary consistencies I have seen with every cheater.

When judging a cheater (or not) do not base it on k/d ratio until the game has ended.

Another consistent quality of a cheater is they can kill from across the map. Sometimes, from some location that is not even visible in a strait line. These are the blatantly obvious cheaters.

A quality brand PSU will have a higher chance of the sensor compliance you refer to, icomrad. However, the el-cheapo PSU's are not going to be that sophisticated. And even with all those sensors, a voltage regulator is perhaps even more likely to blow. I've seen some nasty damage caused by a voltage regulator that melted part of the silicon.

If a capacitor explodes, you will be replacing the PSU and may be lucky.
    If a voltage regulator blows, you might be replacing the motherboard and other stuff.

I shipped one of my 1/2 inch Lexan intake plates across the pond for like $25. Arrived in under a week. The intake plate is roughly 14"x11" and fit in a flat rate box. However, maybe it costs more going from EU to US side?

Playing on the server hardware in the server will destroy everyones connection. I know it sounds great, but I know from experience. When I was admin of another clan, one of my colleagues tried to play on the server and it crippled the game for everyone. I think it has something to do with having a zero ping.

Of coarse, you don't have to believe me.

I think all the customizing of the suit will take time to acquire balance. Even if a player maxes out, they still won't know what to do with it since there are so many other players with customized suits. I think it sounds great. However, I will probably use defaults until I understand the game.

You should always choose a quality PSU that will never be above 50% load at any time, even under maximum gaming stress. As load increases, the PSU efficiency drops. Staying at loads above appx 50% wear out the internal components of a PSU. As efficiency is degraded over time/load/usage (time divided by usage), the PSU's ability to produce the full wattage listed on the unit also drops.

Therefore, it is only a matter of time before that PSU will no longer provide enough constant power. You may see intermittent freezes, aliasing, corrupted data, or other strange activities in the months or days leading up to the catastrophic failure of the PSU. When a PSU fails, often times, the voltage increases and the wattage decreases (maintaining same amperage) causing a chain reaction that destroys other parts of the computer.

Even after saying all this you will not believe me. That's ok, I never believed the people that warned me before I actually saw it for myself.