Posts by B-e-t-a

It's a good start toward a successful system. If you don't mind my intervening on this topic, I have a proposal.

A new applicant should require a 33% approval of the entire clan populace. This is not to be confused with 33% approval of the entire voting populace. Remember, not everyone votes during every poll. This way, the voting system can grow with the clan.

I understand that changes are not easy to implement and these things take time. No rush. It's just that I have tried many approaches to a vote/polling system within clans. Some are more successful than others.

I am a retiring administrator of a clan known as |KoR| for another game. This clan started out with only 6 members, but literally grew to well over 60 members. Implementing changes and making room for new members became an everyday task for me. The clan is currently run by 4 administrators, 4 global moderators, 15 moderators, and 24 members. This makes for a total of 47 members to date. Clan members come and go and the numbers change every week.

So there, now you know about my experience with administrating a clan.

I'm not sure why that would happen. I've allowed access to the private board now, but that should not have been the problem because the topic was in General Chat.

Maybe it's a problem with my link? Try copying/pasting it directly: https://www.oldschoolfighters.com/modules.php?na…wtopic&t=31

It still gives me the same error. Strange. Do you use Parallels Power Panel to administrate the forums? I have some experience with that.

I need some pointers on how I can improve my k/d ratio. I try to scan and use binops, and I mostly keep moving around. Most of the time, my opponent always seems to get the first shot.

Also, I have a lot of issues with lag. Is there something I can type into the console to change network settings? I've done it in other games and improved the network performance. I'm just tired of seeing my opponents warp instead of walk.

Strange, when I click the link to post my rig specs, I get an error:

[php]We are Sorry, but this section of our site is for Registered Users Only.

You can register for free by clicking here, then you can
    access this section without restrictions. Thanks.
    [/php]

Maybe the forum permissions are incorrect? If I were not logged in, I wouldn't have been able to post this.

You have a new App to Become an Old School Fighter

From User B-e-t-a

Question: Xfire name (if applicable)

Response: n/a I forgot it. :/

Question: I know the rules on OSF servers and understand that by joining OSF, I am expected to uphold a high level of maturity, respect, and responsibility.

Response: Yes

Question: Joining OSF - Ambitions Please choose the most appropriate option.

Response: I plan on contributing however possible, and take part in OSF activities on a daily basis

Question: What is your age?

Response: 24-25

Question: Why would you like to join us? What do you hope to get out of being an OSF member?

Response:

Crysis Wars is a game that somehow pulls ahead of all other games. I'd like to enhance the game more by joining a clan. I will watch your back if you watch mine. Teamwork is a large part of a clan, and I will put forth 100% for a team.

There have been occasions where cheaters/hackers would join the OSF server and the admins were not available. Neccesary_Evil might remember getting emails from [email protected] about the hackers. That was me. Crysis Wars does not suffer from chronic hackers like it used to, but I'd like to be available to keep the server clean.

To fluff this up even more, check it out:

Application to join OSF woodoggy

In game name: B-e-t-a
    Reason of Interest: Fun and to play Crysis Wars
    Former/Current Clans (if any): I am an admin of the KoR clan which is for another game (Knights of Reason). I am head of a clan of about 35 players. Retiring from that as soon as my replacement is trained.
    Do you have Teamspeak and/or a working microphone: yes and yes
    How long have you played Crysis: I've been playing Crysis since Fall 2008 (I think).
    Have you read, understood, and agree to uphold the codes and conduct expectations: yes
    Do you understand your OSF status may be revoked at anytime due to improper use of your abilities, upon the discretion of the administrators: roger
    Do you know how to use all the commands: I know the basics but need to learn the majority. 'pb_rcon {command} {options}'

How's this application look?

Hey I have a mic now. Ok now to make an official application. Thanks for all the positive comments. OSF seems like the best clan on Crysis Wars. Clans like !Bros are usually full of (insert choice words) and pretty much not worth my game time.

Anytime you type my name, you can just type 'beta' and I'll know.

*edit*
    Or I'll just edit the main post and call it an application.

Yup I'm and I'm male 24 y/o with a girl friend that I live with.

Just finished college with Associates of Applied Science and an Associates of Applied Technology. I spent three years on the degrees and never even took a summer break. Man it's good to be outta there. I'm trying to find a decent job with benefits. Coca Cola has an opening for Information Security so I might go for that (but don't tell anyone).

Recently I overcame my addiction to forums. I still talk on forums a little but try to limit myself. If I don't post here for a few days you know why.

So I'm buying a mic maybe today. Then I will apply for OSF. Should I keep my name as B-e-t-a or what? Got a better name idea?

*edit*

Application to join OSF woodoggy

In game name: B-e-t-a
    Reason of Interest: Fun and to play Crysis Wars
    Former/Current Clans (if any): I am an admin of the KoR clan which is for another game (Knights of Reason). I am head of a clan of about 35 players. Retiring from that as soon as my replacement is trained.
    Do you have Teamspeak and/or a working microphone: yes and yes
    How long have you played Crysis: I've been playing Crysis since Fall 2008 (I think).
    Have you read, understood, and agree to uphold the codes and conduct expectations: yes
    Do you understand your OSF status may be revoked at anytime due to improper use of your abilities, upon the discretion of the administrators: roger
    Do you know how to use all the commands: I know the basics but need to learn the majority. 'pb_rcon {command} {options}'

How's this application look?