• Hello Kari,

thanks for your message and I will ask both guys about your complain.
    I am sure that it was only an exception because normally admins are advised
    not to use their powers during a normal game unless they have to (like
    punishing, kicking etc.). Both guys that you mentioned are very decent and
    trustworthy players who are not known for abusing their rights. Sometimes
    when the server is empty, it might happen that we screw around a bit and
    spawn stuff but it is absolutely against the rules to use admin power
    against other players for your own advantage.

Enjoy playing on our servers and cheers,

=OSF=Ripley

----- Original Message -----
    To: <ripley>
    Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:49 AM
    Subject: Complaints about osf verrater ja Grijun in ST.Louis server

> Hello!
    >
    > I dont know is this your consern, but OSF Verrater ja Grijun uses all the
    > time As ADMIN some kind weird mode.
    > They can flash as white and mess aroud in anemy base without to be killed.
    > And create helis and so on in enemy base. :(
    >
    > Kari
    >
    >

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• Yea I kinda knew this was going to happen. We need to give Grjiun the 'do or die' talk. Usually, admin abuse will continue in patterns like this until either (a) the admin looses some of their power or (b) the admin leaves the clan entirely.

We really need to address this problem. G doesn't understand how sensitive other players are to this sort of thing. Just one mis-step can cause players to never come back. It can make OSF look bad. Anyway, I propose a temporary demotion for 1 week following the next incident of 'abuse' from Grjiun.

It's only a learning experience, as it always is.

overclocked and water cooled mang!
    Crysis_signature_by_spiridusumagik.jpg

• hey hey now we did not in anyway abuse admin powers

we got into the base while just fucking around and he started shoot at us, in wich i've been told that when they shoot at you there fair game. but neither I nor V use admin mode at anytime to get into that base
    its his fault for shooting at us

ask your self "why would i abuse my admin in my own server wich will fuck it up and make people hate me and my server?" ask your self that
    that dude is a moron that has no idea what he's talking about !

People Are Like Slinkies... Basically Useless... And Yet It's So Amusing To Watch Them Fall Down The Stairs

• I remember this incident specifically. The server was basically empty and me and G had both got into the US base WITHOUT using admin mode we were camping in the air factory is the US base.
    Sniper 777 can confirm this as well. Ask him.

Visk and beta you should really ask both parties before condemning someone.

I can't believe someone would blatantly lie like this. Hell, I didn't even get admin mode until yesterday on the STL server.

Edited once, last by (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• I've been on the normal servers when admin powers were being used in unnecessary ways. It was not excessively annoying, but like I said, it can chase players away. I don't have to ask because I have been there.

You would never know it unless you have the opportunity to learn it. It's forgivable G. You just have to sharpen your admin blades before you use them.

• Ok G I've mentioned this to you before. You use admin powers too much. I told you players are going to start complaining as they have. They will not stop until you do, trust me.

Admin powers are not there for you to amuse yourself at other players expense or annoyance. Those powers are put there to improve the game functions and keep the servers clean. With power comes responsibility. It's not responsible if you find it amusing to teleport yourself underneath the prototype facility. It's not funny to anyone when you teleport yourself inside a sealed building and spawn strange weapons that confuse people. Maybe it's ok if just a couple players that we all know are on the server, like you, evil, V, and I.

I've been an admin elsewhere for a long time. I am not just talking out of my rear end. I like you G, but friends have to help each other sometimes, even when it's unpleasant.

• beta thats true and i agree, but G and V say they were not using any admin powers.

And i wasn't, Sniper777 was there as well and can corroborate what i said. Hell anyone can ask Kimimaro or tankhunter or {UG}krykiller if i was using admin mode as we were fighting in their bases at the time. As we went to both the air factories to see if we could get into them. Has anyone ever seen me do anything like this? (as in abuse admin rights)

I would think that when there were so few people on the map we could fuck around as I have seen many others do, with even more people in the server. That being said, I won't even use admin mode anymore or you can take it away from me whatever you guys would like to do. But i didn't use admin mode and proved it for a fact when evil was in the practice server and i showed him i could get in to and out of the airfactory of the us base without getting killed and not using admin mode.

Visk and beta you should really ask both parties before condemning someone.

you mean like this?

No like this:

this is a great idea rip. tsk tsk you two.

You assumed before even hearing what we had to say that we were guilty.

• well there's one thing for sure is that i don't feel trusted anymore :(

People Are Like Slinkies... Basically Useless... And Yet It's So Amusing To Watch Them Fall Down The Stairs

• no thats not true. Read my answer to this guy again. Dont worry. This is not comparable to the [IMP]s who would spawn vehicles and weapons all the time for their own advantage giving a shit for their server "rules".

We all have the same opinion on abusing admin powers, so thats good :)
    This guy was mentioning the white glow over the suit and that it was impossible to kill you. Maybe he just made that up or mixed it up with an earlier situation.... whatever. I dont think its a big deal b/c the server was empty and you were just f...ing around

rhnreqez9zad3hut0ooq.jpg

• well there's one thing for sure is that i don't feel trusted anymore :(

I don't trust you and i especially don't trust V :twisted:

JK

Sounds like you guys were just messing around in an empty forum, if Ripley can just invite him back and explain the situation, at least complaints like these get raised in our public forums and show a level of maturity and fairness you won't find on some other servers.

A little off topic and something that annoyed me the other day, there was a really good player (with tags i'm not familiar with) came on our Amsterdam server i'd not seen him before, all the OSF were on the other team to him and it was a nooby day of play lots of vtols, helis, tanks and sniper whores, the player was really struggling to have a decent game and get a hold on the map most of the OSF guys were guilty of being those noobs to, i don't blame them it was just one of those games, it didn't help that the team was stacked against him (the player in question).
    When i noticed he was struggling I switched to team to help him fight back as his team was useless, although he had already formulated an opinion of OSF clan and our server made a comment about it to which some of the other OSF members kind of mocked, I asked him to stay and that i'd help him fight back but he left before he saw my message.

It pissed me off as this guy will probably never play on the server again and has an opinion of our server and clan which is not accurate, he will probably say this to his clan to. I like to have good players on the server the SVK clan in particularthey play to a high standard and make an intresting fight, also the solo guys like Chrisfarmaceut he is a good player and is a tough opponent.
    I don't want to see our server full with noobs its good to have tough opponents in from time to time, lets not be stats whores who only want to fight against easy opponents, or when the going gets tough resort to gay tactics just so our kdr doesn't suffer.

I'm not naming anybody, I know a lot of the OSF would of switched to help this guy out sooner and even up the teams, those on at the time didn't so to them next time this happens please switch or fight like Old School Fighters and show them we are not a noob clan.

"when i look on this i think its potatos"
    Tryton on life

"I really like to take them from the rear"
    Tryton on Battlefield tactics

Edited once, last by ArboristUK (July 6, 2015 at 9:37 PM).

• Thank you Ripley and I would agree that scrims would be nice.

And Arborist I agree 150 million percent. It pisses me off to see OSF guys join the winning team but I bite my tongue. In fact I was going to make a thread about it but never got around to it.
    If the person in question is Klonoa I take back what i said, he was acting like a real prick that day, although he is usually a decent and good player.